banded scolopendra heros az. mating

chyguy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey guys i decided to try and pair my scolopendra heros az. the pairing was a success they were introduced several times and today i saw the male make a cradel and deposit his fluids here are some pics of the pairing and one of the cradle he made thanks for looking cheyenne

Attachments

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Cool, Cheyenne. Did a pairing of castanecieps last night and had similar success.

Never saw this before & was wondering if you had the same experience:

after the fickle female would walk away from the males terminal twitching, he would walk backwards rapidly and wrap her up with terminals, dragging her back to where he apparently wanted her. Made me nervous the 1st time, spray bottle in hand, but she finally got tired of it & just gave in to his advances. Tug 'o war!

Good luck!

chyguy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
very similar to my experince he would wag like crazy sometimes almost like a rattlesnake and try to convince her to follow him around the tank when they finnished i found them spooning wish i would have taken a photo of that . i wish you luck zonbonzovi

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Amazing! Hope they produce some babies for you. My favorite of the North Americans.