Baltimore Aquarium Fall '10

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
Just wanted to share some pics from my trip to the aquarium yesterday. I'm only posting 1 pic of a fish right now because most of them came out a little blurry or need some editing because I didn't use a flash so it was difficult to get some pictures with that lighting. Enough excuses, here's some pictures:

A Lionfish - Pterois miles(this pic came out great, no editing or cropping was needed):

A Nautilus - Nautilus pompilius (very dark picture, needed to be lightened and higher contrast):

A Curlyhair - Brachypelma albopilosum (in its hollow log hide with some B. lats):

A Yellow-footed Tortoise - Geochelone denticulata (a little blurry but I love these guys):

A Mud Turtle - not sure which species:

A Jardine River Turtle - Emydura subglobosa (subspecies of PNG pink-bellied side necks):

A Fly River Turtle (or Pig-nosed Turtle) - Carettochelys insculpta (again, a little blurry but these turtles are the coolest!):

A Golden-eyed Milky Tree Frog - Trachycephalus resinifictrix (he looks very content):

A Death Adder - Acanthophis sp. (this one is definitely ready to shed):

Goanna - Varanus sp. (some type of monitor from Australia, a little blurry, but this was a MONSTER):

An Australian Water Dragon - Physignathus lesueurii (this wasn't labeled so this might not be what this lizard is, please correct me if I'm wrong):

A Shingleback Skink - Tiliqua rugosa (bad glare in the pic, but a cool species):

A Frilled Dragon - Chlamydosaurus kingii (I couldn't help but think about Frank, from the Rescuers Down Under):

So that's about it for now. I might post some more after editing a little. If I have anything labeled wrong please correct me. I don't like posting false information.:embarrassed: Thanks for looking!

Josh1129

Arachnopeon
Great pics I remember going there a couple years back. I also specifically remember that Rosie in the log, I thought it was a cool Idea. That Nautalis is newer though. I've never seen one of those in person, but have wanted to for so long. I think they are so neat. But once again great pics, it is making me want to go again lol HMMMMM????? I might see a road trip in the somewhat near future. Did you happen to see the dolphin show while you were there?

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
I actually did not go to the dolphin show...I went to the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago about 4 months ago and got to see theirs so I didn't really feel like spending extra to see something I basically just saw. I just really wanted to see all of the exhibits. But definitely worth going. Try to go on a random day though, it was busy as hell.