Ball python morph

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So I adopted a BP from a guy that was moving at petco. I was wondering if its just normal morph or somethin else. The female is roughly 3 feet.

Another thing he feeds her live mice what would be a good tech for switchin to f/t.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Looks like a normal ball too me. I cant offer any advice on switching her to F/T as my female has only eaten one once. she seems to only eat live...:(

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Its normal. And a good technique for switching her would be waiting a few weeks and offering a freshly killed mouse on tongs.

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cool thanks guys. This is deff my fav new species of snake. There so meaty.

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
I concur with normal - - as for switching to f/t - - I've successfully done it with two balls. Reduce the size of the feeder by 1 (ie: go small rats instead of medium), but feed 2 items. Feed the first live, then fresh kill the second and tong feed. Once they're in feeding mode, they'll take it quickly. Two weeks later (or whenever you normally feed) Feed the first live, then feed the second as a F/T. Next feeding Fresh kill the first, feed the second F/T. You get the idea - - use two smaller feeders to gradually make the switch. It seems to work well.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I concur with normal - - as for switching to f/t - - I've successfully done it with two balls.
Ummm. Too easy. {D Its childish, but I chuckled when I read that.

With my snakes I start with just trying a f/t rodent of the same size. Sometimes tease feeding will get them to take it the first time. If that doesn't work I typically give them a week and try again. The second time I try I will have a live mouse get the snake interested. Once it acts interested I switch it out for a f/t mouse. That typically does it. Sometimes it doesn't and I just keep it up until they finally take the mouse.

Last edited: