Bald Patch?

Simon83

Arachnosquire
So this may sound a little bit odd but I wondered if anyone can tell me if my rose t has been kicking hairs. A few days after I first got her I had to take her back to the pet store to look after while my apartment got bug spray treatment. As soon as I got her back i noticed something different on her abdomen that I swear was not there before. It looks like a blonde patch and so I wondered if maybe she'd been kicking hairs whilst she was being looked after? It's either that or something happened to her, maybe she got dropped or something...and they decided to replace her so I wouldn't know.
I know it sounds crazy but I'm just intrigued to know if she just has a bald spot from kicking hairs...because seriously, I swear it wasn't there before and as soon as I saw her when I picked her back up at the petstore I noticed it and thought 'huh, well that's new'.

Attachments

Imbrium

Arachnopeon
The blondish patch is her urticating hairs. The bald patch is from kicking them. And that it's black instead of pinkish means she's in premolt.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would recommend getting the spider off those wood chips and on to some decent substrate.

esotericman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would request another picture which is centered to the body of the animal. There is a patch, which in the photo, does not quite look normal. If the substrate has the animals climbing, it may have fallen. If that's the case, then you might have an injury, but I can not say for sure until we see if that lighter area is perfectly centered on the abdomen.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Agree

Agree O:! Try switching to coconut fiber, works great for me!

And like the first guy said, probably just in premolt.
Coconut Fiber is the BOMB.com, Its the only substrate i have ever used and everyone seems to think its the best.

I didn't notice the bark chips when i first saw this picture, you should get your T some substrate ASAP. Those chips look very sharp, easy for a T to hurt itself.