Bald/Dry Abdomen

MFLJ

Arachnopeon
My t has a large bald spot on its abdomen. It started off as a dry spot with kind of a white residue then today when I looked it was a bald spot..it looks pretty bad..this is my first t so I am panicking..any suggestions on what I can do or why it is happening..also he just molted a few days ago..then the next day I noticed the dry spot. Thanks in advance.
20210225_103216.jpg 20210225_103204.jpg 20210225_103024.jpg

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
My t has a large bald spot on its abdomen. It started off as a dry spot with kind of a white residue then today when I looked it was a bald spot..it looks pretty bad..this is my first t so I am panicking..any suggestions on what I can do or why it is happening..also he just molted a few days ago..then the next day I noticed the dry spot. Thanks in advance.
View attachment 377078 View attachment 377079 View attachment 377080
It’s from kicking hairs. Totally normal with brachys.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Looks like normal bald spot from kicking hair as well as clumped up setae on the right side

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
No problem, also as a suggestion for the further when ever asking for help with a T it’s extremely important to include the full Latin scientific name in the first post. It wasn’t super needed here but it usually is!

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
Approximate size of the tarantula is usually helpful as well.

I don't own this species, but I know they do kick a lot, even more if something in their environment is amiss. I think it could be a little concerning that it kicked that big of a spot immediately after molting, Brachy owners can feel free to correct me on that. Pics of the whole enclosure would help determine if some tweaking could make it more comfortable. Is there possibly a loose feeder in there? Did you attempt to feed it too early or disturb it in any way? Is it in a pretty high traffic area of your home? Not assuming anything, just trying to understand why it would have kicked that much already. Maybe, like everyone else said, it's totally normal idk.

rock

Arachnoknight
I really want to say it's normal, but it looks just a little weird. Can you get a less blurry picture? I'd like a better look at that white stuff and bottom of the bald patch. You're sure it"s dry? There's no fluid anywhere?