bad scorp

ScorpFreakKing666

Arachnopeon
LOL! Those white paint looking stains are the scorpions bodily waste. Sometimes they have "Accidents" on themselves.

AK47

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That's a lot of water for a Leiurus
Sure is...there's a heating pad underneath and it evaporates in like 3 days ,plus he likes to take bath in it...kinda like a scorpion hot tub.

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
That's a huge bath for a desert scorpion :D Its best to let that evaporate completely before refilling it. There is a risk of mycosis - desert scorpions are very prone to it. They've adapted to surviving with very little water, which is why they're so mycosis-prone. And yes, the white spots on the scorpion is scorpion poop.

drublenaut

Arachnopeon
Based on the prior posts, does that mean a desert hairy scorpion should have a dehumidifier? I want to get one next year, but am worried about moving to an area with 80% humidity levels.

LucaBrasi3

Arachnopeon
Im jealous wish I had a big male. That's a very healthy boy. I have a female shes much smaller. And just had babies. I use a sponge for water. I soak it squeeze it out lightly and put it on opposite side of her enclosure. I have never seen her go near it. I let it dry up and do it over about 1 a week.

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Based on the prior posts, does that mean a desert hairy scorpion should have a dehumidifier? I want to get one next year, but am worried about moving to an area with 80% humidity levels.
Is it really humid inside where you're moving to ?

drublenaut

Arachnopeon
Is it really humid inside where you're moving to ?
Well, I want to move back to the northern midwest, which can get pretty humid. That said, you do have a good point. I could just get a dehumidifier for the room.

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Well, I want to move back to the northern midwest, which can get pretty humid. That said, you do have a good point. I could just get a dehumidifier for the room.
You should be fine, I can't see the inside of a home being so humid that the walls are wet... LOL

AK47

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Im jealous wish I had a big male. That's a very healthy boy. I have a female shes much smaller. And just had babies. I use a sponge for water. I soak it squeeze it out lightly and put it on opposite side of her enclosure. I have never seen her go near it. I let it dry up and do it over about 1 a week.

No need to be envy brother, it took me 17 yrs getting back to the hobby to get another healthy big-o male one. You will get one even bigger than mine soon enough. I started out back in 03' with asian forest, then graduated to LQ for about another 5-6yrs. Due to constant travelling work related I had to sell my entire collection 15plus total scorps. NOw things slowed down with Covid, i was able to attend an herps show and snatched Covid19(his name) up quick! I brought a magnifying glass to inspect Covid19 before I paid. I made sure all the legs, under belly combs are in prestine condition. Also gently shake x2 the container to see if he is active and in fighting posture.

Last edited by a moderator:

AK47

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
20201201_151601.jpg

20201201_151521.jpg

So, I guess water evaporated faster than expected and once again Covid19 was playing in it.