Bad rehouse experience and is my tarantula leaking web?!

Puddlesngramps

Arachnopeon
314F35E4-1C6D-4780-A6D9-F7AE7939EF29.jpeg Is this a stress curl? I feel so bad, guys. I just had my first bad rehousing experience and it sucked so bad.
She is a 1.5” sling. So, basically here’s what happened/why I’m worried:

When I was rehousing she ran SO FAST up the wall of the large critter keeper thing I was doing everything inside of incase that very thing happened…huge mistake. I say this because she ran all the way to the top and her feet were coming out the vent slits which was freaking me out!
So, I tried coaxing her down with a paint brush but she just kept walking further to the side. Then I tried holding the new enclosure up next to her and coaxing her in it and she wouldn’t go in there either. Then I finally was able to get her to go down enough that I could get the kritter keeper lid off and I coaxed her up and into a Dixie cup. By this point I could tell she was really stressed and I don’t blame her. my mom was also trying to help me and was ultimately making things worse.

I’m worried that I accidentally hurt her or stressed her out so much she’s going to die?! Is this possible?

Also, I’m a really shaky person no matter what I’m doing so when I was trying to be gentle with the paint brush a few times I feel like I may have jabbed her a little harder than intended and I feel so guilty and worried.

Last thing. I noticed while touching her with the paint brush that web got stuck on the brush and was coming out of her butt. Now I’m noticing that it’s got stuck on something and trailed across the enclosure to where she’s now almost laying on a piece of cork bark. I feel like she didn’t intend to web because she’s not done it before so far and it’s just a straight line from where she came out of the cup to the cork bark? Is leaking web a thing?

Help give me peace of mind or tell me if something is wrong 😭 I don’t want to lose this girl.

Attachments

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Calm down. Everything is alright, next time catch the spider with a cup - still the best method! The web on your brush us normal. Your spider looks healthy and the stress curl is normal when rehousing. Don't wonder if this position will be standard for sometime.
Spiders use their web also for orientation,they always web, even if you cannot see it.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
View attachment 442210 Is this a stress curl? I feel so bad, guys. I just had my first bad rehousing experience and it sucked so bad.
She is a 1.5” sling. So, basically here’s what happened/why I’m worried:

When I was rehousing she ran SO FAST up the wall of the large critter keeper thing I was doing everything inside of incase that very thing happened…huge mistake. I say this because she ran all the way to the top and her feet were coming out the vent slits which was freaking me out!
So, I tried coaxing her down with a paint brush but she just kept walking further to the side. Then I tried holding the new enclosure up next to her and coaxing her in it and she wouldn’t go in there either. Then I finally was able to get her to go down enough that I could get the kritter keeper lid off and I coaxed her up and into a Dixie cup. By this point I could tell she was really stressed and I don’t blame her. my mom was also trying to help me and was ultimately making things worse.

I’m worried that I accidentally hurt her or stressed her out so much she’s going to die?! Is this possible?

Also, I’m a really shaky person no matter what I’m doing so when I was trying to be gentle with the paint brush a few times I feel like I may have jabbed her a little harder than intended and I feel so guilty and worried.

Last thing. I noticed while touching her with the paint brush that web got stuck on the brush and was coming out of her butt. Now I’m noticing that it’s got stuck on something and trailed across the enclosure to where she’s now almost laying on a piece of cork bark. I feel like she didn’t intend to web because she’s not done it before so far and it’s just a straight line from where she came out of the cup to the cork bark? Is leaking web a thing?

Help give me peace of mind or tell me if something is wrong 😭 I don’t want to lose this girl.
I recommend a better catch cup. A clear plastic one so you can see your little guy when it's in there. An artist/hobby 🖌 for gently guiding your T around.

Like @8 legged said calm down. Just take a breath to collect yourself. Now you just got a little experience under your belt of what not to do.

Anyways Gratz on your first tarantula.