bad news , this sucks, i'm depressed

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well the cobalt blue that i was aking for help on last night died, i found her this morning legs curled up beneath her, i had her in a icu large deli cup, i put her fangs directly into a shallow dish of water mixed with a little bit of gatorade, i made sure her booklungs were nowhere near the water, also when i put her in the icu she did'nt even bother unfolding her legs, this sucks bad, i seriously beleave that the box she came in must have been thrown around or kicked or something, anyone else ever have something like this happen with a new arrival, i would really like to hear from you about your exsperiences in this type of matter, thanks for listening, i'm gonna go bang my head off a wall for a little while---Jeff:8o

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That really sucks man. Does the postal service you used have a security insurance for that kind of matter? They don't have to know it died after it arrived. I have never bought a cricket through the e-net or in any way requiring postal delivery, so I have no experiences of my own to share with you. However you have my deepest condolences, and just because you are hurting and feel the need to bang your head against a wall...think of the walls feelings and the possibility that it may not be ready for such a brutal attack. :p

God bless,
Marcus

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry for your loss. Was it shipped next day air? No sense in taking it out on yourself. For some reason, it was just supposed to turn out this way.

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

yeah it was shipped next day, but it took 2 days to arrive because i lived so far away, it came from dallas i live in michigan, thanks , i'm just frustrated is all--Jeff

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Where did you order from? The different dealers have varying policies for what happens after you receive it. Even if your situation falls outside their stated policy, it may still be possible to work something out.

I put this together once upon a time about the major dealer's guarantees:

LIVE GUARANTEE - All vendors offer some sort of live guarantee with overnight delivery but there are limitations you may want to consider. One thing that applies to all vendors is that no guarantee covers shipping costs - you will either have to pay double shipping or place another order altogether to receive replacement or credited animals.

Arachnocenter:
Guarantee is void if temp at receiving location below 40° or above 90°.
Guarantee is void if you requested the order be shipped any other way than overnight UPS.
All animals returnable within 48 hours so long as in original condition.
DOAs must be reported within 24 hours, any other issues must be reported within 48 hours.
*May* offer refund but generally offers credit, credit must be used within 90 days
You must keep dead animal frozen until you use the credit.
You may be requested to ship the dead animal with receipts back to receive credit or refund.
There is no guarantee on free or replacement tarantulas.

e-Spiderworld:
Alive arrival guaranteed without stipulation if shipped overnight.
- while there is no time limit for reporting DOA, one assumes you should do it ASAP
Only credit or replacement animals offered.

Gearheart's Enterprises:
Guarantee is void if shipment is late because of carrier or receiver error.
Guarantee is void if temp at receiving location below 40° or above 90°.
Animals are guaranteed for one week for captive bred, and 24 hours for wild caught.
You must either send a photo of the dead animal electronically or mail the dead animal back.
Credit or replacement only.
There is no guarantee on replacement tarantulas.

Glades Herp Inc.:
Alive arrival only guaranteed if you receive the order within 4 hours of its initial delivery.
Captive bred animals guaranteed for 7 days (unless discounted).
All problems must be reported within 48 hours.
Credit or replacement only.
Explicitly state that credit adjustments are negotiable if you call to discuss an unsatisfactory situation.

Golden Phoenix Exotica:
Guarantee void if you cannot receive overnight USPS Express overnight.
Guarantee void if you cannot receive package on initial deliveray attempt.
DOAs must be reported within 24 hours.
You must hold onto dead animals in the freezer in case verification is requested.
Credit, replacement, or possible refunds issued at their discretion.
There is no guarantee on replacement tarantulas.

Regal Reptiles:
Guarantee void if temp is below 40° or above 80° at any point in the transportation route.
Guarantee void if you are not present to sign upon initial delivery.
All problems must be reported with 4 hours.
You must hold onto dead animals in the freezer in case verification is requested.
No statement about whether refunds are available or just credit and replacements.

Spiderpatch:
Will not ship if temps below 35° or above 95° (not stated if this only applies to destination).
No other stipulations stated explicitly.

Swift's Invertebrates:
No guarantee for areas that cannot receive Airborne by 5PM next day - you may have it held at the Airborne depot in this case and it will be guaranteed if you pick it up next day.
DOAs must be reported within 24 hours.
You must preserve dead animals in alcohol and ship them back to receive refund or credit, the cost of shipping the dead animal back will be refunded but not the original shipping, nor any shipping for sending a replacement.
Credit or refund, your choice.
There is no guarantee on freebie tarantulas.

DISCLAIMER:
This is my own paraphrasing of the guarantees, do not take anything as set in stone and refer to the company web page and/or inquire to them directly if you have any questions.

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Dear God, Code....could you now tell me the policy for a torn G-string from Victoria's Secret in West Ethiopia? :D

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Ephesians
Dear God, Code....could you now tell me the policy for a torn G-string from Victoria's Secret in West Ethiopia? :D
Thank you very much for that... I needed a good laugh.

CM is legendary for his articulate and detailed responses, but you got to love him for that. Thanks for the info CM... you mentioned a couple about which I didn't know.

Botar

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
just another thought...i used to do a lot of shipping for a large corporation....most packages sent via UPS or FEDEX are automatically insured for up to $100.....and also most of them have guaranteed delivery times on 2nd-day, next-day (AND UPS even has "on-time" delivery guarantees on ground shipments now)....if you paid for overnight shipping with UPS or FEDEX......and it took 2 days for them to deliver the package (through their fault...doesnt cover missed delivery attempts and such) you can call them and get a refund for your shipping costs (refunds or credits given to original shippers only within 15 days of incident)......they WILL deliver stuff late sometimes but they will NOT call you and tell you it was late....it is up to YOU to get your refund......i used to love calling them on this...on certain packages, UPS and FEDEX even guarantees certain times of day that stuff will be delivered by....if they guaranteed it by 10am and it got there at 1 in the afternoon.......i'd be on the phone getting the company's money back...
and another thing....the UPS website has a button on the home page for transit times (you have to enter "from" and "to" zip codes) and you can even click the little button that comes up under "transit times" to get a UPS ground map showing transit times (Ground Time-In-Transit Maps)from your zip code to anywhere in US (.....so ..if you are sending your male out for a breeding loan (for example) why pay extra for overnight or 2nd day if it is guaranteed to get there overnight or 2nd day by ground anyway?!?!?)

looks like Swift's could be in my overnight by ground area on the UPS map!!...wonder if Kelly would go that route?? (i doubt it)

Last edited:

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
WHOA Code... Good God! That's a LOT of information! Very informative and all that. That being said, now that I know all the voids in the guarantees, I don't think I will be ordering anything live, after all. Besides, I found that one of the dealers is not only sorta close to me, but he's now got a store that's open during hours I can actually get there. :D

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by Ephesians
Heh, I had been working on a web page that would summarise the various dealers but it never got past the prelim stages. When I saw this, I saw something I could use it for :)

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
We all have a well inside of us,Some wells are bigger than others,When a well fills up to the top,It Collapses.My well is still flowing,Your cobalt had a smaller well,it collapsed.I know it's corny,but i'm sorry for your loss Jeff.