Bad molt?

Accepted

Arachnopeon
This was the weirdest thing. One evening i noticed that it looked like my T Apophysis’ old abdomen exo split, no blood. It was as though she tried to molt but didnt succeed.

I was worried for her, so I decided to add more moisture to her enclosure and then left her alone for the night. By morning she had flipped onto her back and later completed the molt.

The first picture is the one with the weird split. The second picture is after her molt.

She’s moving around, standing, preening and stuff today, and seems to be okay 24 hours later. Is there anything i should watch out for after a weird, possibly bad, molt?

…or if you’ve had this happen and they turned out fine, please tell me your stories. I need hope

A556AE23-5019-49BA-93AA-4BBF8A29D260.jpeg FC7B11C6-CDBA-47A0-B269-62A04D6AD56C.jpeg

Tarantulafeets

Arachnobaron
The first pic looks like it is in really heavy premolt, and the u-hairs on one side is kicked off clean. Everything else looks fine to me.

Accepted

Arachnopeon
The first pic looks like it is in really heavy premolt, and the u-hairs on one side is kicked off clean. Everything else looks fine to me.
Her outer layer actually split.You could see the two separations one mid back and one half way down her side. I do hope it was just a weird oddity lol

Dorifto

He who moists xD
In the first image the abdomen looks too fat, so the skin could be suffering a great tension.

Maybe the top layer split just when the new exoskeleton was forming beneath it.

Keep an eye on her and see how evolves.

Last edited: