Bad Molt

Chriscent

Arachnopeon
My mature N. Chromatus male attempted to molt. Like most males he doesn't eat much so is very thin, bald, and it didn't go well. He is currently stuck in his molt. But alive. I can see that he's at least lost one leg but I don't know what to do for him.

Fleas

Arachnopeon
Not much you can do for him, in case you have morbid thoughts and feel like cutting off his boxing gloves and hooks(i dont condone this) i would have sent him off as soon i realize that he was mature.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
If he was mature before the moult then there is close to 0% chance that he will live more than a few more days.. It sucks, sorry man.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
It´s not unheard of that mature males attempt to moult, but they will rarely ever make it through. As the others have said, it´s nothing you can do.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I know of a couple people that have mature males who molted successfully. I don't know of anyone who has a mature male who molted and looks healthy afterwards. Honestly, in my opinion, the humane thing to do at this point is to put him in the freezer. I know it's rough, but that's the course of nature. Mature males were never meant to molt again.

cold blood

Staff member
Just about every successful post mature molt I've ever seen has come from rose hairs...I agree with @KezyGLA , this one doesn't have much of a chance.