Bad molt??

Tar

Arachnosquire
So when my p vitatta recently molted I saw this on her pedipalp and immediately took a picture of it to post it here because IDK what it is is it a bad molt???? I literally have no idea I just know that it's definitely not normal.(it looks like blood)

Attachments

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
He's already MM???
Yep, i don't know why you mentioned "already" word, but i assume he is a lot smaller than you thought it will be when matured. I personally had one MM subfusca where he was barely 3", and they can go even smaller

Tar

Arachnosquire
Yep, i don't know why you mentioned "already" word, but i assume he is a lot smaller than you thought it will be when matured. I personally had one MM subfusca where he was barely 3", and they can go even smaller
Yep I expected him to be like 5-5/2 inches but he is just 4 inches. Oh well

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Agreed that looks like emboli. He's the right size for maturity too. Most OW males mature much smaller than NW males.

Get him out on the rounds and get his spawn out there :p

Tar

Arachnosquire
Definitely putting him for a breeding loan, so he can do something (other than eating)before he passes away.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Definitely putting him for a breeding loan, so he can do something (other than eating)before he passes away.
If he would even eat. It's tough being male in the arachnid world.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
By mentioning it as a 'her' on your first post, you assumed it was a female? Did you buy it as a female?Or was it unsexed?