Bad Molt

BAM1082

Arachnoknight
One of my Tityus magnimanus has been in pre-molt for awhile now.

Its body looks deformed. Not a uniform swelling look.

Ive found it on its back, kicking its legs in the air for a few days in a row now.

The first time it happend I waited 12 hrs and then I used a peice of cork and layed it on top of her (while holding it). It gripped the cork with its feet was propped back onto a vertical surface.

??? IDK what else i can do ?
Am I just delaying the inevitable ?

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
One of my Tityus magnimanus has been in pre-molt for awhile now.

Its body looks deformed. Not a uniform swelling look.

Ive found it on its back, kicking its legs in the air for a few days in a row now.

The first time it happend I waited 12 hrs and then I used a peice of cork and layed it on top of her (while holding it). It gripped the cork with its feet was propped back onto a vertical surface.

??? IDK what else i can do ?
Am I just delaying the inevitable ?
you should have left it alone in the first place....They do not have to molt upside down always.... sometimes they molt laying on the substrate...
Leave it alone, and hope it molts, and even when deformed a bit, it will live.....patience my friend.

BAM1082

Arachnoknight
Thanks Michiel.

Hope she makes it through the molt. Now that ive stressed her out even more tho... who knows what will happen.

On a brighter note, by other female has molted to adult hood! :)
That last molt really creates the size difference between the sexes!
How long should I wait before I introduce a male ?

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks Michiel.

Hope she makes it through the molt. Now that ive stressed her out even more tho... who knows what will happen.

On a brighter note, by other female has molted to adult hood! :)
That last molt really creates the size difference between the sexes!
How long should I wait before I introduce a male ?
Untill the exoskeleton is fully hardened, I always at least 7 days before I feed or mate them.

I hope the other one molts well too ;)