Bad molt!? Helpppp plzzzz

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My A. Avic just molted in her hide...and now it's back is against the side of the hide and it's all curled in a ball, but it's still moving around...the shed molt is on the other side adjacent to it...it's in trouble isn't it...?
:confused:

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Take a look to see if any molt is over its mouth, legs, etc. If it is, you can try to gently loosen it with some tweezers. If the skin seems to be adhering, dab a little water onto it with a cotton swab.

Also look for any spots where the exoskeleton could have ruptured. Hemolymph is a clear fluid. You can use superglue, liquid bandage or even flour to get a rupture to clot.

Most of all, calm down so that you can make a good assessment of its condition.

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok...it's just in a death curl...and I dunno how to get at it because of the way it's situated inside the web...if I break the web theres a good chance that it will fall...

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
WHOAH whew, scratch that last reply I just made....I turned on a dim light to get a better look like you said and it stretched out, now it's chillin out lookin normal...nice and dark, hairy...I refilled the water dish (which is right outside the hide for easy access) and did a light misting (ive been told to keep it moist when a T molts)....I hope he/she pulls through{D

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I was going to say thats not a death curl, every time a T molts and they are on their back, when the molt is complete they like to chill on their backs for a while and get the blood flowing. So it can look like they are having issues because they lay there and wiggle this and that and dont look quite right. Like and alien squid or something. Shes really fragile now so just leave her be.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Your t will probably be just fine; I mean, wouldn't you want to curl up after going through something like a full-body molt? :)

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
whew...by the death curl, i meant..ok when she molted it was sideways...not on its back...then he/she flopped onto her front...like a death curl..but its all stretched out now, chillin...ill leave it alone...but ill take a look every once in a while...thanks guys