Bad mature molt for versi, but cool pic!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Our male versi moltedinto a MM but both of his pedipalps got stuck, I peeled back some of the old molt to find his emboli and thought I would share the pics.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Did he loose his palps? Great shots! :clap:
He lost them both, I kept 5 slings from a sac I had and there all now mature, I got 2 females & 3 MM's LOL!! well 2 1/2 MM's!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
He lost them both, I kept 5 slings from a sac I had and there all now mature, I got 2 females & 3 MM's LOL!! well 2 1/2 MM's!
Sucks that he lost his palps.. But may not get to mate.. But atleast he gets to live a little longer.. :)

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
maybe thats the hidden meaning behind the show 2 1/2 men ouch that sounds awful ;P

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe a dumb question, but does this mean that he could potentally molt past his masture molt safely?

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe a dumb question, but does this mean that he could potentally molt past his masture molt safely?
I was wondering the same thing, it seems like it could be possiable. Has anyone figured out what makes a MM die? I mean I know they have a shorter life span, but why? if they are able to molt past their ultimolt then it could be possiablefor them to live longer? or if they mature and their palps and all are removed (Tarantula unich) then could they live longer still? Just a thought. I wouldnt want to be the one to castrate a Tarantula, Though it would be interesting.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I was wondering the same thing, it seems like it could be possiable. Has anyone figured out what makes a MM die? I mean I know they have a shorter life span, but why? if they are able to molt past their ultimolt then it could be possiablefor them to live longer? or if they mature and their palps and all are removed (Tarantula unich) then could they live longer still? Just a thought. I wouldnt want to be the one to castrate a Tarantula, Though it would be interesting.
I remember a thread where a mm molted out sucessfully but died a couple months later. Ill see if i can unearth it.

here you go! http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=185933

Last edited:

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I remember a thread where a mm molted out sucessfully but died a couple months later. Ill see if i can unearth it.

here you go! http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=185933
yes I remember this, But it was a short lived discussion, with nearly zero results. I was just wondering if maybe Robc's Versi would have potential to molt out a secound time and would he regenerate his palps? if we dont know then I guess we have to rely on Robc to let us know

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yes I remember this, But it was a short lived discussion, with nearly zero results. I was just wondering if maybe Robc's Versi would have potential to molt out a secound time and would he regenerate his palps? if we dont know then I guess we have to rely on Robc to let us know
That's more along the lines of what I was wondering.

Just glad I wasn't crazy to ask. I posted my question while waiting for the results from my scan to find out how bad my concussion is {D Not thinking 100% at the moment.

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
good Im glad Im not the only one thinking this sort of thing.