Bad Idea

MogiCorp

Arachnosquire
That the girl is able to say she wants it to bite her as a joke tells me that the 'teacher' did not correctly inform the class of the potential consequences of a Poecilotheria bite.
He said in the video a bite could put you in the hospital for two days which makes the fact that there wasn’t even a catch cup in case it jumped even worse.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Who would ask for that? Besides that dude here that was into self envenomation?
I'm not sure what your question/point is....? Maybe a language thingy but I don't understand your reaction to my post. :bucktooth:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
He said in the video a bite could put you in the hospital for two days which makes the fact that there wasn’t even a catch cup in case it jumped even worse.
Then the girl was just projecting a tough guy attitude. :rolleyes:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
An uneducated class is only uneducated by an uneducated teacher, so in reality all of this makes sense in terms of stupidity. No one's teaching nor no one is learning, no point trying to help educate those not willing to learn. At the end of the day, they'll learn two things: leave mother nature alone and health insurance.

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
I'm not sure what your question/point is....? Maybe a language thingy but I don't understand your reaction to my post. :bucktooth:
Sorry about the language barrier. I thought it was funny that the girl would say that she wanted a very venomous spider to bite her. It reminded me of this person on arachnoboards that would get all kinds of spiders bite him on purpose.

Last edited:

MogiCorp

Arachnosquire
Here’s another link to a bad idea: https://vm.tiktok.com/Hqp5JM/ <edit> found another similar one, Billy Ellish has inspired too many people https://vm.tiktok.com/HqvsyB/

Before I got a T of my own I thought this was super cool and would actually try it myself if I got a T that’s docile enough...I also forgot urticating hairs exist. Now that I’m educated I don’t plan on trying this or handling much if at all and certainly not on the face.

Last edited:

ThatsUnpossible

Arachnosquire
Depressing that so many people nowadays will do anything for likes on social media. The girl with the Avic in her mouth had me wishing it would deploy it’s poop cannon.

Somebody please tell me it’s just digital effects and not real.:(

MogiCorp

Arachnosquire
Depressing that so many people nowadays will do anything for likes on social media. The girl with the Avic in her mouth had me wishing it would deploy it’s poop cannon.

Somebody please tell me it’s just digital effects and not real.:(
Don’t worry, even on that app there’s plenty of people who do care for and properly handle their tarantulas, some are even educational! https://vm.tiktok.com/HbBNHf/ Love the Ts and song choice :headphone:

And I agree, the Avic in her mouth made me cringe.

Last edited: