Bad and sad news!!!

louise f

Arachnoangel
Here the other day i found my Dolichothele diamantinensis girl sitting and doing twitchy movements with her legs and her fangs were out. She was acting really weird.

She was mated, i dont know if that should have caused it or what else could have. I tried so hard to help her. The next day i found her dead, and i was like no no nooo this is just not happening. Why. This is the worst part of keeping T`s. I really miss her, and i would love to know what could have gone wrong with her, but guess i`ll never know.
But it looked like it was what you call DKS.

I put her in the freezer. And i am planning to preserve her. @petkokc Just made a video of how to do, and i am planning to try his method. <3

Here is my little baby <3<3

IMG_2962.JPG

louise f

Arachnoangel
The only downside to loving. It's horrendous when a pet dies.
It really is awful when they die. I just wished i could have done something to help her. :banghead::banghead:
6 years ago i tried the exact same thing with my AF Brachypelma boehmei.
She was acting the same way. And died short after. That twitchy moving and her fangs going wild. It is a awful sight. The worst part is that you can just sit and watch them suffer and can`t do a damn thing about it.
I really wish that someone someday could find a cure against DKS.

ChrisTy

Arachnoaddict
I am so sorry to hear such news. I wish you luck on preserving your T. I'd love to hear an update though on how that goes.

skyvie

Arachnopeon
Horrible news! Absolutely horrible!:eek::bigtears:

I've lost 2 over the years and the pain doesn't go away very quickly. Some think of these things as "bugs" but, when mine died, it felt almost like I lost a family member.

I hope you can recover quickly from the loss. Try to remember the positive impact you have on your Ts and the joy they bring you.

cold blood

Staff member
Awww, she looked nice and plump, too. Very bummer.:sorry:

At least you aren't in jail for trying to send baked goods across the border.:meh:

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Sorry to hear! It never gets easier to deal with loss:(

If you do that taxidermy method, maybe you can mount her on a piece of cork and make a nice wall ornament.

louise f

Arachnoangel
@ChrisTy @skyvie @cold blood @Anoplogaster @petkokc
Thanks to all of you and for the support. <3 :) Well of course I`m sad about it. But It`s nothing like loosing a dog or a cat. I tried both.
But it sure is a bummer. And the fact that i couldn`t do anything to help her really annoys me. :banghead: And by preserving her will make an eternal memory of her. <3 I will make sure to update when i tried to preserve. I haven`t tried it before but why not give it a go. :)