Backyard Orb Weaver Video

Lucifer

Arachnopeon
[YOUTUBE]R9sTdsQsjVc[/YOUTUBE]

I took this yesterday in my back yard. Very interesting group.

Last edited:

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cool vid... like how you can see the male in the web with the female...

Arachnomaniak

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Great video! I love this genus! I've brought some in before but they don't do overly well with the shipping process and being kept in captivity :(

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice video. Great track too. Good old Apocaliptica.

Weren't there two maleson the web at the same time?

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Very nice!:clap:

Spiders are interesting in captivity, but even more so in their natural setting. Even if you did toss in the cricket?

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Interesting

Very nice man i love orbweavers and their webs they make!!:clap: I have 2 of my own i keep in containers in my room ones a cats eye orbweaver while the other is somethig else but nice video!!

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice video. Great track too. Good old Apocaliptica.

Weren't there two maleson the web at the same time?
I thought that this was a Nephila sp.! Nice video. Do you know what happened to the male? And yes there were 2 males in the same web.....

Black Widow88

Lucifer

Arachnopeon
Thanks

Thanks for the compliments. I too enjoy watching this girl. Not knowing much about true spiders I was wondering if anyone could provide a confirmation that the female would indeed be cohabitating with the various males (there are at least 3 in the direct vicinity), or whether these could be perhaps juveniles of the species. I set her up with a moth yesterday and yet again the small ones don't appear to eat anything but still watch/remain nearby. Can anyone provide addtional info on this? Thanks.

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I thought that these were males since they sort of look like smaller versions of the female. I thought they were males since one of them was carefully approaching the female. And they look like a Nephila sp.

Black Widow88