Backwater Reptiles/Dictators?

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I will avoid Backwater for sure. Horrible that they are still in business will all these negative incidents.

Crom

Arachnosquire
LLLReptile does not have true Pandinus dictator. Pretty much every wholesaler or retailer offering dictator is actually selling imperator.

Kia4evr

Arachnopeon
interesting. I have just ordered my baby emperor from them, my first died in 24 hours and they quickly replaced it. They initially told me a 10 gallon was suitable for a baby but now this one will not eat and I am downsizing it to a 2.5 gallon to see if it helps. Good to know. Thanks

NYAN

Arachnoking
interesting. I have just ordered my baby emperor from them, my first died in 24 hours and they quickly replaced it. They initially told me a 10 gallon was suitable for a baby but now this one will not eat and I am downsizing it to a 2.5 gallon to see if it helps. Good to know. Thanks
In all honesty, ordering from them was an awful decision. Why order from such a shady poorly, reviewed company who is infamous for screwing people over? There are plenty of nice people with the same animals who will actually send you a healthy specimen. I’ll bet you had to pay shipping again too. That’s how they get people..

Kia4evr

Arachnopeon
And that is your opinion. We learn from experiences, good or bad. No need to chastise.

NYAN

Arachnoking
And that is your opinion. We learn from experiences, good or bad. No need to chastise.
You’re right that we learn from experiences, however, what about the experices of others? It’s more than just my opinion that backwaterreptiles is sleazy and bad at what they do. They were even banned from this site for making fake reviews if I remember correctly. You misinterpret my point. I am not trying to chastise, but more offer advice and a warning.

Kia4evr

Arachnopeon
See I did not know of any that. I have had no knowledge of what you spoke of and know now to avoid them in the future. I thank you for that

NYAN

Arachnoking
See I did not know of any that. I have had no knowledge of what you spoke of and know now to avoid them in the future. I thank you for that
Ah, I see. I saw that you have been around for a while, so I figured you would’ve known. I hope your replacement is healthy. Did they make you pay shipping again?

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Backwater Reptiles is not legit. From everything I have read, they are selling "Red Claw Emperors" which are NOT Pandinus as Pandinus Imperator. I did quite a bit of research on this before I bought my dictator through LLL Reptiles. If I had the option, I would have gone with Ken the Bug Guy because they seem to have the best reputation for online sales. My deal with LLL went really well and I have a gravid dictator to take care of now.
I've seen a lot of bad reviews for LLL Reptiles too, but if you got a healthy dictator I guess it doesn't matter. Before I order from anybody new I always check reviews.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Backwater reptiles is even known here in Europe for being a sleezy business. And they don't even ship to Europe :rolleyes:.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Backwater reptiles is even known here in Europe for being a sleezy business.
I'm glad to see that one of my historical statements about Backwater Reptiles is used by you, lovely :kiss:

Anyway I personally think that they are the best, if analyzed under a different context: it's hard as heck to mantain 24/7 X 365 a so higher rate of crap while continuing to make fresh FED printed $, ain't easy, I tell you.

the league of shadows

Arachnopeon
Not reliable at all. Take your money to Kelly Swift if you want reliable, HONEST, service, healthy animals etc.

The thing that is consistent about Slackwater is they are inconsistent and many times flat out wrong in species identification, been that way for YEARS, so if one is wrong that often, it's not by mistake anymore.
"Slackwater"good one lol

Crom

Arachnosquire
Whoops, posted that twice. Lol. Also, Petco does NOT sell dictators. If you think you bought a dictator from a pet store/online retailer, chances are you didnt