Back to back molts??

magicmed

Arachnobaron
OK so I'm a little worried, my G pulchripes siblings both molted about 10 days ago or so. One gained a bunch of size, the other stayed about the same size, but indeed did molt. Offered a prekilled last night and the smaller one didn't eat, removed the cricket this morning and about 5 minutes ago I saw him flip himself onto his back using a fake leaf...so is the T indeed molting again THAT fast? His siblings is showing no signs

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Well he righted himself and is now chilling like normal...could this be a sign of something bad? Or is it just being a silly spider?

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
It happens . I have an LP sling that molted less the two weeks go and today it's hide is sealed up again . Leave it alone and give it some quite time and it will do what it's going to do .

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Or a clumsy one..
I thought about that but it really seemed like he was purposely trying to flip. After he flipped he wasn't too fast about righting himself. Went motionless for a bit. What worries me so much is he did the same thing just hours after molting last time. Reading up on dks has me a tad freaked as I've noticed this little one is particularly..."jumpy" Or "twitchy"

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
They are a bit twitchy at that age overall. They just get really freaked out easily. It might have nothing to do with moulting at all. Just keep an eye on them and be diligent about removing uneaten food.
My little G. pulchripes girl gets really freaked out sometimes and does some weird stuff. She acts completely different to everyone else. Maybe it is a G. pulchripes thing?

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I thought about that but it really seemed like he was purposely trying to flip. After he flipped he wasn't too fast about righting himself. Went motionless for a bit. What worries me so much is he did the same thing just hours after molting last time. Reading up on dks has me a tad freaked as I've noticed this little one is particularly..."jumpy" Or "twitchy"
Yeah, that's worst case scenario.

That is interesting that it did it twice and both times after molting. Has any of your other Ts done it?

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Yeah, that's worst case scenario.

That is interesting that it did it twice and both times after molting. Has any of your other Ts done it?
Nope all my other T are doing just fine, molting perfectly well, including his sibling.

I'm hoping @VanessaS is right and he's just being a little funky. I just like to be prepared :) I guess sometimes that means I get too worried about the little stuff lol

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nope all my other T are doing just fine, molting perfectly well, including his sibling.

I'm hoping @VanessaS is right and he's just being a little funky. I just like to be prepared :) I guess sometimes that means I get too worried about the little stuff lol
Being prepared and worrying are two positive traits of a keeper.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
We all worry - that is why we are here. We need support sometimes from those who have had these experiences before.
Remember as well - there are people wanting to post your question, but are too scared to (for whatever reason). By asking questions, you are helping others too.
Nothing wrong with asking questions and being prepared.
:)