Back Spot on Rump Getting Bigger

FASSETT

Arachnopeon
Curly Hair slings rump has a growing black dot on her rump. Is that just meaning shes at or close to premolt? Ben avoiding feeding her because she looks fat in those jeans lol.

Attachments

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Curly Hair slings rump has a growing black dot on her rump. Is that just meaning shes at or close to premolt? Ben avoiding feeding her because she looks fat in those jeans lol.
Yep, definitely premolt.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
No don't feed till she has molted and hardened up, she has plenty of fuel in the tank.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Absolutely NOT premolt. That patch you see are the urticating hairs.

*Edit*

As far a feeding. I would avoid feeding for a while. That abdomen is pretty big. And a fall could rupture it. This is just an opinion of mine and how I tend to my own Ts.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I would expect whole rump to darken not just one area. But definitely getting plump! When rump gets so plump it's shiny -- be ready to moult then. Such a cutie pie sling!

(and if he/she will still take food -- feed 'em!)

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Put the food in refrigerator and step away from that blooded tick--uh I mean T;). Even my B. albopilosum never ate that much!:hungry::wideyed:

Make sure she has plenty of substrate to dig in, and so she can't fall and explode.