Back into the hobby Again !!!! yippee

Hamadryad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
=D Hey everybody!!!
Well, after a brief hiatus from the spider hobby I am back into it...you see I was in the tarantula hobby hardcore for about a year and a half and I got sort of swamped with about 50 specimens and I started losing some and I got all bummed out and had a hissy fit over on PetBugs and got a few people mad at me....I was sort of tired of the hobby.But all I needed was a few months or so to cool off and in the time being I culled my collection down to just 23 of my best specimens and I totally rearranged my spider/scorpion room to make the most of my specimens that I have.But today I officially reentered the hobby with an order I placed with Swifts Inverts for a Brazilian Salmon Pink Birdeater ( L.parahybana ) and a Fringed Ornamental(Poecilotheria ornata) !!!!! I am particularly excited about getting the pokie as I have always wanted one for my collection.So now that I am back into the hobby I will be on the boards more often and all of you can get to know me better as I used to post all the time over at petbugs...still do as a matter of fact but I think I will be over here more often...heeheeheee....I am so excited...pokies...God I hope its venomous as hell...!!! heehehehheeh
=D :} :p

The Evil Spider Hunter

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I hope you dont plan on testing how venomous your pokie is.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Looks like you and I kept Swift's busy today, eh? :)

BTW, are you sure one of us didn't force or coerce you into leaving Petbugs for Arachnopets? :) Sorry, couldn't resist....

Hamadryad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here I am on arachnopets...

Well.....as a matter of fact I have been close friends with Holley for over a year and half now and she was just pestering me silly to get over here to arachnopets but I was lazy for a long time and was on Petbugs ( which I still like...I have learned a lot about tarantula husbandry from that board ) but one day I finally got a wild hair up my a$$ and decided to see what all the fuss was over on arachnopets..and here I am...The Evil Spider Hunter...formerly known as Spyder John....heeheehee...:} and no, Jacen - I sure do not intend to find out just how venomous the pokies really are...I have heard all kinds of tales about them..but I used to collect tropical Scolopendra centipedes ( I had 12 of them at one time ) and I am used to dealing with hot inverts...I am extremely careful and have never been bit by one of my inverts...but I have been bit by a Cobalt Blue on my tricep when I was working at PetCenterUSA last year.That is before PetCenterUSA blew up and sank....sheeeshh...it was a NICE store too...stupid Paul Becker went and ruined his own business...:? :8o today I just specialize in tarantulas and scorpions as the centipedes were giving me nervous fits and nitemares...I had some REAL nasty ones you betcha!!!!;P
Vietnamese and Malaysians....yikes....hehehehehe

Well, that is all for me right now...hope to get to know everybody better...
The Evil Spider Hunter AKA Spyder John=D

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Welcome aboard Spider Hunter,
There's alot of real nice people here.
Look forward to hearing form ya on the board..:)

Ernie

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just curious how did petcenter usa get ruined?

Mark

Hamadryad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How did PetCenterUSA get ruined?

:( Aw geez...it is a long and sad story...anyways, I used to frequent PetCenterUSA since I only lived about a couple of miles away from it and I used to get all my inverts there and it was a jammin' little store...loaded with all kinds of herps and inverts...and I started working there taking care of the spiders,centipedes and scorpions...well the best that I can see is that after I left, Paul decided to do some strange remodeling in the store and proceeded to tear the living hell out of the place....this went on for about a couple of months and then the next thing I hear is that he had some gig called "Arachnocenter" which was strictly on line...then I hear that this dude named Peter had bought PetCenterUSA...well, Peter is a really nice guy from the times I have talked to him but he dont know a damn thing about inverts...nothing at all...so now they TOTALLY gut PetCenterUSA out and move it into this funky little red brick building a couple of blocks down the street and it is just total mayhem there now...it looks like a bomb hit it or something..crap all over the place, kids running rampant that work in the store, and a few pathetic dehydrated and starved spiders lingering there...it is soooo sad :8o :( I cant for the life of me figure out why Paul destroyed his own store....:? it really sucks because I used to by spiders rampantly there...I just dont really know what happened!!!!!!

The Spider Hunter

Hamadryad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What did the Cobalt blue bite feel like

:p Well, Big Dragonfly,
I was unpacking and rehydrating a shipment of tarantulas one day at PetCenterUSA and there were about 10 Cobalt blues that needed to be misted and fed so I was working my way thru them and one of them got away from me when I popped her lid to mist her...it was about a 2 inch specimen,not too big and she ran out onto my left hand and then up my arm whereupon she stopped and then proceeded to bite me on my left lower tricep - then she ran up my arm and across my face and down my right arm where I managed to scoop her back into her deli-cup and seal her in.My tricep muscle stung real bad at the bite area and there were two very small puncture wounds from her fangs - and just a little amount of blood.after about 15 minutes the entire tricep muscle ached and when I rubbed it little electric shocks sort of went thru the muscle.after about an hour this subsided to nothing.I did not have any systemic reaction to the bite.Interesting though...those darn Cobalt Blues run like greased lightning....heheheheh no collection is complete without one....hehehheh

The Spider Hunter

motorteipidpa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the spiders in the store on display arent being taken care of properly?if that is so that can be the same for the spiders that those of us by online from arachnocenter.
Tom

Hamadryad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Arachnocenter....

:? I am not sure what is going on with this Arachnocenter gig of Pauls...he may be doing well with it for all I know.The one thing I know for certain is that PetCenterUSA is a 3 ring circus and I wouldnt advise anybody to purchase any inverts from them right now because the last time I was there they did not have very many inverts at all and the ones that were there were very poorly looked after...just a few bone dry and pathetic specimens and some of them were specimens that I had sold them that I had taken lavish care of and to my horror I found one of my big Malaysian centipedes that I had traded to them in horrible condition.The poor pede was totally dehydrated and being kept in tinder dry conditions...I had always kept this specimen very humid and had raised it from a little snooker to a big 10 inch monster.So, No....I cant say I am pleased at all with what happened to PetCenterUSA...it actually makes me mad to remember what it once was....:mad: but Hey, it was Pauls business to do what he wanted with I suppose....

The Spider Hunter

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: How did PetCenterUSA get ruined?

Originally posted by Spider Hunter
:( Aw geez...it is a long and sad story
The Spider Hunter
I had been in petcenter a few times before Paul sold it, I can say it was the neatest and cleanest herp/invert/pet store I had ever seen.......I went down to the store after it was sold and it was terrible! filthy enclosures, sickly looking stock!
I was under the impression that Chris bought into the store also?
I saw Chris @ the IRBA show this Oct., he had a table and was selling about 20 or 30 different inverts, very small animal stock compared to the other vendors.
Ed

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
wow....looks like at least 3 of us ordered from Swifty today :)
I also placed an order, after being the biggest pain I'm sure he's had to deal with for a long time...he's certainly a very nice guy to put up with me!
SH, welcome, and mind your manners heheheh!!
Holley

Hamadryad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ive been wondering about Chris and Pete

:? yeah, I have been wondering what has been going on with Spider Chris and Pete...I have not seen them since PetCenterUSA blew up...it truly is a shame what happened to that store...I really actually feel bad about it as I used to get a new spider there almost every week or so.. and it was a cool store..:( I am not sure what Chris is doing now.....
The Spider Hunter