Baby's new clothes

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Hi everybody esp @cold blood.
My baby G. pulcripes molted! Last night in her slick rock canyon she molted and today shoved the molt 3/4 of the way up the substrate-cork bark ramp.
Ahem. Luckily I used tweezers and grabbed the molt quick! The adorable little thing threw a threat pose.
She's still hiding, but I think she's gorgeous and fuzzy!

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
The molt was pretty much shredded so I couldn't post a picture. From what I can see of her, she's a deep gun metal blue and she has golden fuzz and yellow gold stripes.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
The molt was pretty much shredded so I couldn't post a picture. .
thats why i hate molt sexing, ive gotten like 2 sexable molts out my collection in the last 3 years, and those i accidentally mangled trying to open them. :(

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Congrats dude! I have one of your T's sisters, and I thought she was in premolt for a few weeks, but it turns out her enclosure was just too big. Since yours molted today, mine should molt soon as well! Pretty cool thinking our spiders are actually sisters :D

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
thats why i hate molt sexing, ive gotten like 2 sexable molts out my collection in the last 3 years, and those i accidentally mangled trying to open them. :(
Sling molts are so tiny and fragile that they are tough to sex, even if the anatomy is sufficiently developed. It gets easier when the tarantula gets bigger. Rehydrating the abdomen before trying to open it helps prevent this delicate area from being shredded in the process.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Sling molts are so tiny and fragile that they are tough to sex, even if the anatomy is sufficiently developed. It gets easier when the tarantula gets bigger. Rehydrating the abdomen before trying to open it helps prevent this delicate area from being shredded in the process.
This one is more of a small juvie.
@cold blood you should post pictures of Mom and Dad!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Congrats dude! I have one of your T's sisters, and I thought she was in premolt for a few weeks, but it turns out her enclosure was just too big. Since yours molted today, mine should molt soon as well! Pretty cool thinking our spiders are actually sisters :D
Crone is female :rofl: