babycurus jacksoni

baugh

Arachnopeon
i just got this scorpion last weekend. im not sure the sex. he doesnt come out and so off much. thanks joe

LoganVivisected

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
nice scorpion! one of my favorites. looks like its not mature yet though so you may not be able to sex it.

baugh

Arachnopeon
its a juv still. i do not know how to sex them. i just like having them as a pet. i do not plan on breeding it. ive always like scorpions. when i was younger my dad brung one home from southern cal. where he was stationed in the army. i believe that it was a dese3rt hairy but not postive i was pretty young.

Rigelus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
With B.jacksoni the main difference in the sexes (at least for us mortals) is the size of the chela (claw). Males have a stockier more pumped up chela than females. However with only having one it makes it somewhat difficult for you to compare.

Heres a picture of my own pair for you to look at. The male is on the right.
BTW..Notice the colour difference between these adults and your juvenile.

/Bryan.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yours looks like "an older instar 3" or an instar 4. you can see the difference in chela size with the naked eye when they will molt to instar 5.
You cannot sex B.jacksoni by pectinal teeth (18-24 for both sexes).
you can also look at the genital operculum, but this might be very technical for you at this moment..... Just stick to the difference in chela size....