Baby Wolf Spiders

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Have a mom with some babies on her back. Wanted ot know any tips to help get them all to adult status.

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They will hang out on mom's back for a week or so. After that they will start dispersing and molting. Once they do that, they start chowing on each other. I put all but 5 of mine back in the wild. The 5 I keep in small deli-serve cups on some damp eco earth. Once a week I moisten the substrate and drop in a squished roach nymph about as big (or bigger) than the sling's body. Mine have molted several times and are about 1/2" leg span.

When feeding / watering, place their enclosure inside a larger enclosure. They are skittish and will jump out of their cup and are hard to catch.

You'll find them to be ferocious little f*^%#%rs when it comes to food.

Have a mom with some babies on her back. Wanted ot know any tips to help get them all to adult status.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They will hang out on mom's back for a week or so. After that they will start dispersing and molting. Once they do that, they start chowing on each other. I put all but 5 of mine back in the wild. The 5 I keep in small deli-serve cups on some damp eco earth. Once a week I moisten the substrate and drop in a squished roach nymph about as big (or bigger) than the sling's body. Mine have molted several times and are about 1/2" leg span.

When feeding / watering, place their enclosure inside a larger enclosure. They are skittish and will jump out of their cup and are hard to catch.

You'll find them to be ferocious little f*^%#%rs when it comes to food.
Sounds good. Thanx man.