baby scorpions advice...

LEGENDARY70

Arachnopeon
Hello all.

Great to be here.

I have three asian forest scorpions. I have a palm of my hand size one and two babies about half a pinky size. One of the babies died on me. I have had one of the babies for about 3 weeks and the other for about 1 week. The one that died did not wan to eat. I kept trying to feed him pinhead crickets, small silk worms and nothing. The other one is doing the same thing. He wont eat. I hold the food in front of him so he can grab it like the older one does, but wont eat.

I have him in a pet container, its pretty big for his size. I put eco earth along with some rocks, a piece of wood to hide under, little bit of moss and a live plant. I mist the container twice a day. Will he get his water from the droplets or should i put a cap full of water on the substrate? i want him to stay hydrated.

Why doesnt he want to eat? am i doing something wrong? thx

Ncshooter

Arachnosquire
Slings don't really hunt when they are young -- they have mamma kill prey items and they scavenge. Crush the heads or cut up a few larger crickets and drop them in. Mine will clear a 1/3" cricket every few days each, they are voracious little suckers. At a little over a month old, they are just now going after live prey - but still prefer to scavenge. I suspect that will shift once they hit their 3rd molt and go full black color.

In terms of hydration, be careful with water dishes when they are that small. if you want a dish, use a bottle cap and maybe put a few pebbles in the middle so they can get out worst case.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if they're actually second instar and refusing to eat, are they fat? if theyre refusing to eat, it could be their enviornment. Are they stressed out from overhandling/bright lights/lack of moisture/heat? im just asking questions as to figure out why, as asian forest scorpions tend to be really good eaters