Baby Scorpion Help

MTSmith

Arachnopeon
I got my first scorpling about two days ago. I haven’t seen it since the first day, and since the ventilation holes are probably big enough for it to escape, (it’s about a 1/4” long) I just wanted to make sure it was still in there, and ok. So I used some tongs and gently moved it’s rock. Well, it was under there, but it looked a bit darker than usual. I’m not sure if it was in a molt, or if it was just a trick of the lighting. But if it was molting, did my disturbance ruin it?

Scorpiobsession

Arachnobaron
Don't disturb it and we'll find out, I would fix those holes while you can, or put it in another container so if it escapes it can't escape out of the other one.

MTSmith

Arachnopeon
Don't disturb it and we'll find out, I would fix those holes while you can, or put it in another container so if it escapes it can't escape out of the other one.
I plan to do something about the holes. But the scorpion did move a little when I lifted the rock. I’m not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Scorpiobsession

Arachnobaron
I plan to do something about the holes. But the scorpion did move a little when I lifted the rock. I’m not sure if that makes a difference or not.
For now it's just best not to disturb it, it knows what it's doing. Patience is key.

MTSmith

Arachnopeon
For now it's just best not to disturb it, it knows what it's doing. Patience is key.
Appreciate the help. I plan on crushing a small mealworms head and putting in its enclosure overnight tomorrow. Guess we’ll see if it eats

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
They don’t usually look darker before molting. So that’s likely not the case.
What species is it?

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I got my first scorpling about two days ago. I haven’t seen it since the first day, and since the ventilation holes are probably big enough for it to escape, (it’s about a 1/4” long) I just wanted to make sure it was still in there, and ok. So I used some tongs and gently moved it’s rock. Well, it was under there, but it looked a bit darker than usual. I’m not sure if it was in a molt, or if it was just a trick of the lighting. But if it was molting, did my disturbance ruin it?
It's a scorpion - they hide during the day - it's a baby, probably a petrified baby - you have had it for 2 days and you want it to give you a song or dance routine every time you happen to look in !!. Sorting out the enclosure BEFORE you put the Scorpion in would have been good. Now you are going to fiddle with it until it dies from stress. Leave the bloody thing alone and do some research, again, before would have been good.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
Tape some wire mesh over the holes for now and leave the poor thing alone to get comfortable in its new home.

Beetles

Arachnosquire
It's a scorpion - they hide during the day - it's a baby, probably a petrified baby - you have had it for 2 days and you want it to give you a song or dance routine every time you happen to look in !!. Sorting out the enclosure BEFORE you put the Scorpion in would have been good. Now you are going to fiddle with it until it dies from stress. Leave the bloody thing alone and do some research, again, before would have been good.
Cool off.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Cool off.
When you have seen/ answered hundreds of " my scorpion won't eat" " is this too cold, too hot " " I have had my scorpion for 3 days and itt not happy being handled " . Then there is always the " why has my 2 week old scorpion died - it must have been a bad batch of crickets ". Then tell me again "too cool off". Until that time - Keep Your Nose Out.!!

Beetles

Arachnosquire
When you have seen/ answered hundreds of " my scorpion won't eat" " is this too cold, too hot " " I have had my scorpion for 3 days and itt not happy being handled " . Then there is always the " why has my 2 week old scorpion died - it must have been a bad batch of crickets ". Then tell me again "too cool off". Until that time - Keep Your Nose Out.!!
Yeah I understand answering the same questions over and over gets annoying but theres no reason to take out your frustration on a newbie who wants to do better. Stuff like this is how hobbies and groups get toxic.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Yeah I understand answering the same questions over and over gets annoying but theres no reason to take out your frustration on a newbie who wants to do better. Stuff like this is how hobbies and groups get toxic.
Its " stuff " like mine that hopefully prevents newbies or others from making stupid mistakes and ending up with even more dead Innocent inverts. I am not a believer in - pat on the head - there's a good boy, but try not to do it again. Grow some balls and stop telling people all will be okay regardless.

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
Its " stuff " like mine that hopefully prevents newbies or others from making stupid mistakes and ending up with even more dead Innocent inverts. I am not a believer in - pat on the head - there's a good boy, but try not to do it again. Grow some balls and stop telling people all will be okay regardless.
Chill out, please. It was a simple question. People will always make mistakes, if you get tired of them, stop responding. The first answers to a beginners question can be the deciding difference if they want to actually be in the hobby or not.

Beetles

Arachnosquire
Chill out, please. It was a simple question. People will always make mistakes, if you get tired of them, stop responding. The first answers to a beginners question can be the deciding difference if they want to actually be in the hobby or not.
Exactly what I thought.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
If the OP had done research prior to any purchases, instead of punching a few keys on AB, which is so much easier, this like many, many other posts wouldn't be necessary. No I am not tired of responding, I'm just tired of endless posts from people that don't know, don't read care, too lazy to carry out any research, and then punch a few keys so that we can hopefully put things right before it's too late, and another indefensible invert suffers or dies. Speaking frankly about something that I and many others feel very passionate and strongly about is not grounds to " chill out ". Maybe in some cases, for the benefit of the creatures, they're better off not in the hobby, and should return to the pet shop and purchase a bunny or hampster, no it's not for me to say who keeps what - just don't ask me to condone it. Most of these " mistakes " as you call them are preventable with a little for thought, and maybe ask the question BEFORE putting more creatures at risk.

jc55

Arachnoknight
If the OP had done research prior to any purchases, instead of punching a few keys on AB, which is so much easier, this like many, many other posts wouldn't be necessary. No I am not tired of responding, I'm just tired of endless posts from people that don't know, don't read care, too lazy to carry out any research, and then punch a few keys so that we can hopefully put things right before it's too late, and another indefensible invert suffers or dies. Speaking frankly about something that I and many others feel very passionate and strongly about is not grounds to " chill out ". Maybe in some cases, for the benefit of the creatures, they're better off not in the hobby, and should return to the pet shop and purchase a bunny or hampster, no it's not for me to say who keeps what - just don't ask me to condone it. Most of these " mistakes " as you call them are preventable with a little for thought, and maybe ask the question BEFORE putting more creatures at risk.
I guess you were never new at the hobby and never made any mistakes.Please enlighten us on how that was.

jc55

Arachnoknight
I guess you were never new at the hobby and never made any mistakes.Please enlighten us on how that was.
Just to be clear as to why i made that statement.I understand the frustration that comes from answering the same questions over and over again but can you imagine if every teacher across the globe expressed their frustration or adopted that attitude because they had to answer questions repeatedly.I am sure any teacher that has been one for any number of years has had to do this year after year,week after week and if this was the case we would all been in a world of trouble because with that line of thinking there would be no need for any teachers because we would be expected to read,remember and learn on our own and we all know that it does not happen that way.This board is a learning place and full of very knowledgable people with vast amounts of experience and i believe there is no such thing as a dumb question and would rather answer the same question over and over again than have someone afraid to ask any question for fear of retribution from others because the questions not asked which allow mistakes to be repeated and that equals mistakes that are both unnecessary and could have been avoided by simply asking.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
You can correct someone’s mistakes without being harsh about it. Your advice will be taken more seriously if you’re not scaring people off the forum.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Just to be clear as to why i made that statement.I understand the frustration that comes from answering the same questions over and over again but can you imagine if every teacher across the globe expressed their frustration or adopted that attitude because they had to answer questions repeatedly.I am sure any teacher that has been one for any number of years has had to do this year after year,week after week and if this was the case we would all been in a world of trouble because with that line of thinking there would be no need for any teachers because we would be expected to read,remember and learn on our own and we all know that it does not happen that way.This board is a learning place and full of very knowledgable people with vast amounts of experience and i believe there is no such thing as a dumb question and would rather answer the same question over and over again than have someone afraid to ask any question for fear of retribution from others because the questions not asked which allow mistakes to be repeated and that equals mistakes that are both unnecessary and could have been avoided by simply asking.
Have you checked recently the salary teachers are paid to be kind, understanding, forgiving and humble.?