baby mutant 2-tailed scorpion...

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
one of my baby scorpions is a mutant ninja 2-tailed scorpion.
I can't post any picture of it right now because i can't find my camera, but as soon i find it. you will see pictures. it's a C. sculpturatus btw

and he/she is not for sale. I do have a bunch of normal babies that i need to get rid of, so... just contact me, they will be dirt cheap @ $1 each

Devil'sRival

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Could that be caused by inbreeding or is it something that just happens sometimes? I've seen it in pictures before but never knew what, if anything, would cause that. Are both tails fully functional?

I'll be watching for pictures for sure. It'd be interesting to see pictures of him molting as well. Then again molting may be where he comes into some problems. Good luck with your little mutant.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
my understanding (not a geneticist or even a biologist by formal training) is that this is more likely to be a conjoined twins type of thing and not a mutation

sweet whatever it is :)

i have some ideas for instilling "mutations" in bugs that i might work on later =P

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are both tails fully functional?
yes, both tails are fully functionals. the adult female that gave birth was WC

Then again molting may be where he comes into some problems. Good luck with your little mutant.
You know, i was thinking of the same thing and i didn't want to announce it too early worrying that i might jinx it, but if it doesn't work out, then i'll just let it go as long as i tried my best to help him/her.

Last edited:

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my understanding (not a geneticist or even a biologist by formal training) is that this is more likely to be a conjoined twins type of thing and not a mutation
you know, after I did some reading about 2-tailed scorpions, i feel the same way. someone else was about to bring a pair of double tailed C. sculpturatus together, bred them and didn't get any double tailed offspring.
this leads me to believe that, like human, these are jointed eggs or embryos. I will keep most of his siblings and will inbreed them to see the outcome for myself (only if he/she makes it to adulthood).

i have some ideas for instilling "mutations" in bugs that i might work on later =P
you're not referring to radiation exposure are you?

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why did you include Ninja?
just because when i said mutant, it remind me of mutant ninja turtles so i said ninja scorpion. plus, i think that he is pretty bad with his 2 tails waving back and forth.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
@KyuZo:
I hope your very special little baby will have a good and long lasting life :)
thanks, I hope so too. not all two-tailed are the same and this one is definitely different from the rest.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what do you guys think?????

Last edited:

tekkendarklord

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
that is so freakin cool!!! I think you could sell that for like hundreds of dollars or somethin and I'm just wonderin maybe it could kill 2 crickets at the same time LOL:D

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's not really a two tailed scorpion...
More like a two rear-ended scorpion
The split starts at the mesasoma

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
It's not really a two tailed scorpion...
More like a two rear-ended scorpion
The split starts at the mesasoma
it is really a 2-tailed scorpion ;) got 2 tails doesn't it?!

i'll be interested to see if it can molt through as well.

also- it is interesting to see where the "split" occurs. aztek brought up a good point that the split occurs farther up. the others i have seen (just from the other couple of websites) the split occured right at the start of the tail. hopefully it molts through like the others did.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
this is crazy too:
google said:
Nevertheless, the most anomalous case corresponds to a second instar of Centruroides gracilis that was born with three complete tails and six telsons.
wierd!!

picture here

either way, i'm sure someone's mentioned this before, although i didn't see it on a search...

i thought it was sweet. :cool: