Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

baby mutant 2-tailed scorpion...

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by KyuZo, Sep 8, 2009.

1. KyuZo

KyuZo Arachnoprince Old Timer

Advertisement
    one of my baby scorpions is a mutant ninja 2-tailed scorpion.
    I can't post any picture of it right now because i can't find my camera, but as soon i find it. you will see pictures. it's a C. sculpturatus btw

and he/she is not for sale. I do have a bunch of normal babies that i need to get rid of, so... just contact me, they will be dirt cheap @ $1 each

2. Devil'sRival

Devil'sRival Arachnosquire Old Timer

Could that be caused by inbreeding or is it something that just happens sometimes? I've seen it in pictures before but never knew what, if anything, would cause that. Are both tails fully functional?

I'll be watching for pictures for sure. It'd be interesting to see pictures of him molting as well. Then again molting may be where he comes into some problems. Good luck with your little mutant.

3. cacoseraph

cacoseraph ArachnoGod Old Timer

my understanding (not a geneticist or even a biologist by formal training) is that this is more likely to be a conjoined twins type of thing and not a mutation

sweet whatever it is :)

i have some ideas for instilling "mutations" in bugs that i might work on later =P

4. KyuZo

yes, both tails are fully functionals. the adult female that gave birth was WC

You know, i was thinking of the same thing and i didn't want to announce it too early worrying that i might jinx it, but if it doesn't work out, then i'll just let it go as long as i tried my best to help him/her.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  5. KyuZo

you know, after I did some reading about 2-tailed scorpions, i feel the same way. someone else was about to bring a pair of double tailed C. sculpturatus together, bred them and didn't get any double tailed offspring.
    this leads me to believe that, like human, these are jointed eggs or embryos. I will keep most of his siblings and will inbreed them to see the outcome for myself (only if he/she makes it to adulthood).

you're not referring to radiation exposure are you?

6. Aztek

Aztek Arachnoprince

Why did you include Ninja?

7. KyuZo

just because when i said mutant, it remind me of mutant ninja turtles so i said ninja scorpion. plus, i think that he is pretty bad with his 2 tails waving back and forth.

8. Galapoheros

Galapoheros ArachnoGod Old Timer

Find your camera!:razz:

9. Aztek

Aztek Arachnoprince

Yeah, show us

10. Phantomias2k

Phantomias2k Arachnopeon

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  11. KyuZo

found it!!! pictures coming soon.

STAY TUNE!

12. KyuZo

thanks, I hope so too. not all two-tailed are the same and this one is definitely different from the rest.

13. KyuZo

what do you guys think?????

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  14. tekkendarklord

tekkendarklord Arachnoknight

that is so freakin cool!!! I think you could sell that for like hundreds of dollars or somethin and I'm just wonderin maybe it could kill 2 crickets at the same time LOL:D

15. 1crazygecko

1crazygecko Arachnopeon

Nice

Beasted!!!....you should sell.. before it molts...lol
    goodluck

16. That's amazing! I don't blame you for not wanting to sell it- but how about the molts? XD

17. Galapoheros

Galapoheros ArachnoGod Old Timer

Oh man, that's rad! ..it IS a ninga!, a mega black-belt ninja!

18. Aztek

Aztek Arachnoprince

It's not really a two tailed scorpion...
    More like a two rear-ended scorpion
    The split starts at the mesasoma

19. Widowman10

Widowman10 Arachno WIDOW Old Timer

it is really a 2-tailed scorpion ;) got 2 tails doesn't it?!

i'll be interested to see if it can molt through as well.

also- it is interesting to see where the "split" occurs. aztek brought up a good point that the split occurs farther up. the others i have seen (just from the other couple of websites) the split occured right at the start of the tail. hopefully it molts through like the others did.

20. Widowman10

Widowman10 Arachno WIDOW Old Timer

this is crazy too:
    wierd!!

picture here

either way, i'm sure someone's mentioned this before, although i didn't see it on a search...

i thought it was sweet. :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.