baby mexican rosy boas

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my female mexican rosy boa just dropped 4 little rosy's . just thought i'd share a couple pics .

hope yall enjoy .

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They are very cute! Do Rosy Boas have eating issues like Sands?
thank you

sometimes the babies wont eat right away so they get brumated for 5 or 6 weeks . once they are warmed back up they usually eat at that point . i think the sand boas are a bit more difficult than the rosy's . speaking of which i still am waiting for my kenyan sand boas to produce some babies though it should be pretty soon .

Takumaku

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
...speaking of which i still am waiting for my kenyan sand boas to produce some babies though it should be pretty soon .
You and me both. This is the first year that I can see if my possible het. snow female will breed true. The wait is taking forever...

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
good luck with that . if she proves out i might be interested in some babies as i see your right across the water from me .

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
My big ole female Kenyan had babies a couple of years ago. 12 of them!! I had no problem getting the babies to eat.... I had no idea they were problem eaters!!! ALL 8 of mine have always been voracious eaters from day one!

Darling babies!!! :D

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the pair of kenyan sand boas i have both eat well . but i have run into a few neonate ksb's that would not eat for anything . we also have a pair of saharan sand boas at the shop i work at that we cant get to eat without being force fed .

Takumaku

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wouldn't say Kenyans are problem feeders. Some morphs, like the anery. imho, are more prone to being stubborn / problem eaters than other morphs. Heck, I have a amel. male that only eats 5 meals a year. The vets have checked him out, but nothing is wrong with him. No weight lost either. It's just nature being nature.

Good luck with those Saharans. I'm not sure if it because most are wild caught, but everyone that I ran across have been problem feeders.