Baby Kenyans!!!! YAY

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
My anerytheristic female just had 9 babies!! The dad is 100% het for anery so 6 of the babies look normal, and 3 are anerytheristic!! They are SO CUTE! and so tiny!!!
Time to order itty bitty frozen pinkies :D:D

Last edited:

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
OMG!!! They are adorable!! Do any of them need a home? I've been jones'n for another "gummi worm" :D

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Yup, they ALL need a home! Gunna wait til they've eaten first. And see if I can find someone to sex them for me....

Snakefox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
congrats on the babies!!!!!
and
OMG OMG OMG !!!!! Let me know when they are ready to go!!!! Your Sand Boas are to cute. :D

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I would loove to make a home for one these little guys. They're so little and cute :)

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Oh gawd, and I was just recently looking around for one of these, too. :D

How much do you think you'll be selling them for? I'd love a little orange male.

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Probably $50 for the 100% het (orange) and $65ish for the Anery (black&white)
Ive got to find someone who can probe them for me. All I can do is guess as to the sex by looking at the tail.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ive got to find someone who can probe them for me. All I can do is guess as to the sex by looking at the tail.
Can they do it safely when they're that small? :eek: I can't remember if probing or popping is considered safer for teeny ones.

In any case, you just might have yourself a guaranteed sale if one of those normals is male (females will outgrow my ball python's old 10g and I don't have room for another big tank {D yay small apartments). I pretty much have everything on hand for another snake, barring some new locking clips and an order of pinkies.

One thing I want to be sure of--they ARE fairly low-humidity snakes? I have this lovely ceramic heat bulb lamp that I used sometimes for my ball python when I lived in a drafty old dump of a place, but it does dry out the air a bit. I could give it a humid box for shedding, but would lower humidity in general bother them? :?

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
I have a guy I know in Salt Lake probe my babies. Just have to get hold of him see if he will do it.
I dont add any humidity besides a waterdish. They are partial to a moist hide during shedding times. I live in Utah as well, where there IS no humidity :D
They just like having a hot side of 90 degrees. Especially pregnant ones. I up the temps to about 94ish for moms to be.
They are escape artists!!! so be sure to get that lock for the lid!!
Another thing Ive noticed about my sandies is they like weight to their substrate. I use crushed walnut for the substrate. Its heavy on them which they like and is easy to sift the poop out with a cat box cleaner..thing...
Other people use aspen shavings, but I think they feel safer with the weight of the walnut shell. I feed in a small container so they dont ingest anything other than the mouse.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hmm. Aspen's what I already have on hand for my ball, but if the little guy didn't like that even crushed as compact as I could get it, I think the local small-chain pet shop carries the walnut. :)

Glad to hear they don't mind it dry! I love my ball, but goodness it's a battle sometimes to keep him happy. {D

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They don't get very big at all, actually. Females are around 18-24" as adults and males stay at 12-14" usually. :)

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Well, they've all eaten, and been sexed and are ready to go!
There was 2 males and 7 females.
Both males are taken and one female so I have 6 females left to find homes for. 5 are normal (100% het for anery) looking and one is anerytheristic.
Ill post all their pictures in the ForSale section..after I Get all their pictures taken.. :eek:

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Alas, I'm the most frustrated girl in the world--surprise medical bills means no new pets for the next few months. :mad:

Hope the little fat worms all get some good homes, and that we can get some more good pics before they go. There's not near enough cute baby photos of this species. :D