Baby jumpers everywhere!!

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Well looks as if my Phidippus audax had some little ones! I checked her enclosure to spray for her water today and found tons of these little guys flying out of her sac nest. My question is what should I do with them? Just release the lot of them? Or is there some kind of market for this species?

Can't make it out very well in the pics but here they are! The little ant sized babies

Attachments

louise f

Arachnoangel
Oh i envy you, those are soo cute. Congratz with the little ones. :) Why dont you grow them up, and make a whole lot more of those. They are nice.

When they have grown a little you could sell/trade those. Are you crazy people here in Europe love them. :astonished::D

jaredc

Arachnosquire
My audux sac popped today as well! I'm keeping them in an escape-proof deli cup with cloth screen on top. All you need to do is mist occasionally and provide flightless fruit fly or other small food source (crickets when they're older). I'm expecting some cannibalization while they're young and I'll separate them later.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
I have mine seperated, I have 10 2oz deli cups with half inch straw sections for mini hides, each cup has about 5 slings in it, then I put the sac which still has tons of slings in a 16oz cup. she caught me completely off guard so I don't have fruit flies, I cut up some crickets and legs and put them in there hoping they scavenge like baby T. Figured to lightly mist a corner like I do the adult.