Baby "fence lizards"??

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was just wondering if anyone knows ways to tell if a lizard is pregnant. I got 2 desert spiny lizards yesterday (7-22), one male one female. There was the male and 2 females together at the pet store. The female is extremely obeese compared to the male (she's also fatter than the other female in the enclosure was). She also was the only one to eat today, which might be just because the male is more stressed or something. She just looks real bloated and I'm wondering if maybe I'll have babies soon?? Any input would be helpful.

Thanks

~~~Psycho~~~

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
she sounds gravid to me... what are you feeding them... ours will eat crickets every once in a while. but hey really love to eat ants. you can order them from an ad in the reptiles magazines but they are 10 bucks for 500 now thats even more expensive than crickets. so I would recomend catching our own ants, if you can.

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ours seem to like the crickets, or Jewely (the female) did anyway. The male seemed interested, but he didn't go after them as quickly as she did.... she acted starved!! I dont know if they're lazy hunters like agama's are though. My agamas sometimes just wait for the crickets to come to them.... then BAM.. they got em with their sticky tounge. I hope she does have babies!!... buuuuut if she does do I take them out? and where do I get an incubator from??

~~~Psycho~~~

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
John what do you keep your ants in too keep them alive?