baby emps

nikesh

Arachnopeon
hi guys, i am just wondering when i can put my 2 baby emps in with my other to emps... i dont know what instar the young ones are in but they measure about 4.5cm when stretched...the bigger ones measure about 13.5cm

dangerprone69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wouldn't. Larger emps can and do occasionally make a meal of their smaller cage mates. If you're going to house a colony it's best if you try to keep them all the same size.

ReverendB

Arachnopeon
My baby emps have started feeding. I did not think they were ready, but I put in a few crickets for the mother and the babies started chowing down. That means its a good time to separate the mother from them, correct?

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
have they left the mother yet? if not, don't separate them from her

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have had succeess with mixing different size emps together. I've never had a case of P.imps or H.spins canabalizing.

ReverendB

Arachnopeon
have they left the mother yet? if not, don't separate them from her
What do you mean by left? The babies are were no longer on the mothers back, but they still shared the cave with her. I took the mother out two days ago and the babies seem fine by themselves.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i meant left the mother as in not on her back anymore.......

Your post only said the mother was feeding them. kind of a vague statement, cus the mother will feed the babies while they are still on her back.