Baby Dictators. Malevolent dispositions

Scorpusvonpork

Arachnosquire
Now that my two juvenile dictators are seemingly at home and have settled in their attitudes have changed big time. They have gone from shy and retiring to just plain rambunctious and stingy. Tongs only! Plus they're up at random times including during the day horsing around and hanging upside down under dead leaves in their crib inside the large terrarium. They don't act like emperors at all. Feisty

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hate to break it to ya, but a lot of baby animals have a nasty temperament that generally settles with age, my baby imperators we're also quick to sting and pinch, but settled down as they got older...

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's true, they don't act like imperator. imo they act like Heterometrus with a touch of Hadrurus. Yeah I use tongs too. I'm used to coming up on the side of an emp or gently tailing an emp but dictators almost always reach up to pinch the dickendoodle out of your fingers if you tail them. I remember buying my first one, I could hear him over there getting it, "ouch, ooouch!" ...he doesn't use tongs.

Scorpusvonpork

Arachnosquire
It's true, they don't act like imperator. imo they act like Heterometrus with a touch of Hadrurus. Yeah I use tongs too. I'm used to coming up on the side of an emp or gently tailing an emp but dictators almost always reach up to pinch the dickendoodle out of your fingers if you tail them. I remember buying my first one, I could hear him over there getting it, "ouch, ooouch!" ...he doesn't use tongs.
They seem secretive too

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
Dictators are definitly fiesty, my adult female is very quick to sting and pinch, very awesome scorpions though!

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Dictators are definitly fiesty, my adult female is very quick to sting and pinch, very awesome scorpions though!
How are their temparaments in relation to Pandinus cavaminus ?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Pretty close, the behavior is closer to cavimanus than imperator. I'd compare them to the coachwhips and garter snakes of the snake world. They are fast to hide but at the same time they will run out to grab something to eat really fast and looking aggressive about it, if they are hungry, but also easily disturbed.