BABY DEATHSTALKERS??!! "Leiurus quinquestriatus"

APP0L0

Arachnopeon
So guys I got a deathstalker a couple months ago not expecting her to be gravid but turns out she was? I was wondering about any tips I've only delt with baby hottentotta's and still unsure if I delt with them correctly? Do I remove as soon as they leave the moms back? Bout how long till I feed em will the mother eat while the babies are with her (like my hottentotta's) or will she kill prey for the babies? I'm full of questions because I cant find anything online..

Attachments

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Congrats!! Wait for them to leave Mom and then separate into small deli cups. They won't leave Mom until they molt. Feed as much as they will eat. I used to raise ALOT of scorp babies and I promise they will let you know when they are done eating. That is usually before their next month.

Redjunior

Arachnoknight
You lucky s.o.b.... I LOVE LQ.. that and jacksoni. I wish I got a gravid mamma! A very fun species to keep. They can be very chill, and switch from 0-100 in a split second. My favorite trait is that spin they do, when they twist around throwing sand around in all directions with claws open and tail up ready to rumble. From what I've gathered raising young is to separate when they leave the back or they will cannibalize each other and the mother will also eat them. Deli cups work best as brian said but be careful, even as babies their venom packs a wallop. Again.. you lucky s.o.b. :) good luck man!

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
I would add you should remove the mother from the enclosure before trying to remove the babies. Too much chance of getting stung while chasing down the babies. This might should like a "well, duh!" type of comment but I've heard of people not doing this (with less dangerous species) and regretting it.