Baby crickets! help!

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
..inside the g. rosea's hide, down past where she sits theres a bunch of baby crix...what am I to do? I think she might be near a molt so I don't wanna...you know disturb her too much or w.e but I can't leave god knows how many crix in there...any suggestions?

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ive had the same issue not to long ago in our skeletons cage and as everyone else had said in the past the water dish thing will work, the little crick's jump in lookin for water and die. But depending on how close she is to molt i can see that being a bad time to get in there and get her out.

watch feeding those female cricks or what i do is put the females in some sort of substrait enclosure so they can lay there eggs before you feed them.

Damien

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Vagans was close to a moult when a baby cricket infestation crawled in from and adjacent tank. I very carefully put large very shallow water dishes (I used the plastic caps that come on full beer kegs here in the UK) all around, and the baby crickets committed mass suicide within the day. Like Lemmings, they ere.

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Awsome, after reading about your water dish idea's I went to the tank to set that up and...the original water dish had a bunch of dead babies in it! and I can't seem to find any more babies after very carefully scrutinizing the soil. So I guess it worked, thanks :D