Baby Asian Forest scorpions

NYCJAY

Arachnopeon
Hello,

I just received two Asian forest scorpions about 1.5inches. I have them in a cage that is 18" long and 14" wide. Temp is 75-90 there is a temp gradient. 75 on cool side and 90 on the high side close to the side with the heater. Humidity is 75-85%. My question is how many crickets, how big and how often should I be feeding them?

My other big question is one of them even when you touch it its tail never goes up above its head its always down. When I touch him to aggravate it it just backs up puts its claws up but doesn't put its tail up is that okay or is something wrong?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Yesterday I put in 15 of the smallest crickets at petco. I didn't see them eat but this morning most of the crickets were cut in half or just random legs there. Is it possible that they ate some and left what is left? or they just killed them because its a new tank?

Any other advice would be great too.

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
you should take a picture of your enclosure, but it sounds like your conditions are good. 1-2 regular sized crickets once a week would be fine, 15 is way overkill. Don't leave any crickets in with them longer then 24 hours and make sure you spot clean the enclosure daily to prevent mold. I wouldn't intentionally aggravate a scorpion but this species is more prone to use its claws, or even retreat due to there size, then to actually sting.

TheScorpionMan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you should take a picture of your enclosure, but it sounds like your conditions are good. 1-2 regular sized crickets once a week would be fine, 15 is way overkill. Don't leave any crickets in with them longer then 24 hours and make sure you spot clean the enclosure daily to prevent mold. I wouldn't intentionally aggravate a scorpion but this species is more prone to use its claws, or even retreat due to there size, then to actually sting.
Agreed. They should use their claws before they use their stinger, that's their last resort. 15 is overkill just a couple crickets a week and if it refuses food just remove the prey items.