Baboon spiders

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Ok im getting some type of Baboon T and i just wanted your advice on ventilation and humidity.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
lol thats a good one im kidding i just want some advice.
I tend to keep them without any added humidity other than access to a water bowl (a light spray every fortnight wont hurt) keep them warm, about 26-30°C plenty of ventilation and they're good to go :)

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
umm what kinda i mean even a common name we could probably tell but a scientific name would be best :?

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Its all good :) But yeah thats just the other T im getting other then the Baboon.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Thanks :) im going to eventully get a H.mac eventully but it took me a while to decide which one. Ive been reading a lot about Pelinobius muticus and Lasiodora parahybana

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks :) im going to eventully get a H.mac eventully but it took me a while to decide which one. Ive been reading a lot about Pelinobius muticus and Lasiodora parahybana
That's the best way to do it, read up on everything properly before you buy it :)

gargoyl52

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have both of these Ts. They are both hardy Ts and eat like crazy. But not the friendliest LOL.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pelinobius muticus and also the Lasiodora parahybana.
Pterinochilus murinus :D

Dry dry dry is the key with these. I mist both my P. murinus once a week, & just mist towards one of their tunnel entrances. The rest of the enclosure I leave dry. I started out with giving them bottle caps with water, but one kept filling it with substrate & the other webbed his so far down I didn't even bother attempting to retrieve it.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
LOL ive noticed that one is high defensive while the other is mildly defensive. Im more worried about those hairs then the Baboon's highly defensive nature. LOL

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pterinochilus murinus :D

Dry dry dry is the key with these. I mist both my P. murinus once a week, & just mist towards one of their tunnel entrances. The rest of the enclosure I leave dry. I started out with giving them bottle caps with water, but one kept filling it with substrate & the other webbed his so far down I didn't even bother attempting to retrieve it.
Nope. He's referring to King Baboon, Pelinobius muticus.