Baboon Spiders of Southern Africa

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sweet! I want the book, too! On my Christmas list. ;) Well, if I can wait that long. lol

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi Everyone,

got my copy yesterday and it's just awesome! Just want to bring this to the attention of others that are interested in the African T's but have not yet checked out the book review section. :)

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=170961

Shaka
Ok so im on the website but im not seeing the price. how much is it? and since its coming from africa how much is shipping?

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok so im on the website but im not seeing the price. how much is it? and since its coming from africa how much is shipping?
Price is right there on the site. Scroll down a little bit after the page loads. The whole order section has a darker brown background and says, "Order a Book" at the top of the paragraph. Here's another link just in case:
http://www.baboonspiders.co.za/

Being from South Africa, the price is listed in Rands.
475R for the book (hardcopy) and 230R for international shipping brings the total cost to 705R, or $100.8510. I used a currency converter. Basically, count on it costing you one hundred U.S. dollars. Though, it looks like ordering a soft-copy would cost you around $77. It's cheaper, but I would much rather have a hardback book.

Hope that helps.

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I still need to get the tarantula keeper's guide imo

Shaka

Arachnopeon
Without a doubt the T keepers guide is a MUST have as well.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Shipping is always a wet blanket...
explain a bit? i understand the phrase, but are you talking from africa or just in general? is there specific things i should know about before ordering this book? thanks in advance.

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
explain a bit? i understand the phrase, but are you talking from africa or just in general? is there specific things i should know about before ordering this book? thanks in advance.
Well, this is just my opinion here, but the fee they charge for international shipping on this book seems VERY fair. If you can justify $100 for this book, it is well worth it. But, that's up to you and your finances.

I think what they were saying is just that shipping is costly. But, there really isn't a way around it. It's like tax. Find a nice book at the store, and end up paying an extra couple bucks on taxes. It's not "cool", but feels rather restrictive. Like a wet-blanket. Still, what are you going to do? Pay the fees and move on.