Babies?

LadyNai

Arachnopeon
So I have Hissers. Eight of them. and I didn't want more.

But I wasn't paying attention or something.

So I have like ten or twelve babies running around the cage now.

Anyway, I really can't do much with all these babies -- I don't have any spiders at the moment (as soon as I get another wolf, it'll get a cockroach dessert) -- so should I try to sell them? Trade them for something?

Or should I use them as feeders.

And what care needs to be taken of nymphs?

Nai

(PS I personally don't care about the roach colony size, but there will be mutters from the other staff at camp)

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hmm, if its a camp and there are kids, they may want to keep one when they leave camp.

LadyNai

Arachnopeon
Well I'm already trying to pawn them off on classroom teachers that come through.

*sighs*

They are kinda cute though.

Is there special care I need to take?

Nai, who thanks to her birthday present from her Mom (The Compleat Cockroach) and the recent experience now knows what an egg sac looks like.

Louise E. Rothstein

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Dear Lady Nai,

If the classroom teachers don't take the babies you might try the "Classified Ad" department.

kolomomma

Arachnopeon
LadyNai, I feel your pain. I purchased two hissers for my son's first pets. They were supposedly both male and suddenly one of them gave birth to over 25 babies. It was actually pretty awesome. My son and I actually watched them being born, all these little tiny white roaches. I keep them just like the adults but got a bigger cage. No, we weren't planning on a colony, but aren't they cool? As for giving them to the kids and the teachers, I am finding that not everyone finds our roach "puppies" (as my son calls them) as adorable as we do. I did find a highschool biology teacher who agreed to take half so we have at least managable numbers now. Good luck with them!:)

LadyNai

Arachnopeon
They are cool, I have to admit.

What special care needs to be taken of nymphs.

Can anyone help?

Nai

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
if you are going to keep them make sure they can't escape from the adults' cage. the babies are pretty hardy, so unless your conditions really suck no special care is needed :)