Babies and more babies!

Pestilence

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey guys! just wanted to share my new babies! they popped at the same day. first time i ever popped a scorpion. :D i hope everything turns out well.

Hottentotta Trilineatus

Centruroides Vittatus

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
how big was the c. vittatus before it popped? i have a female that is big, and i havent seen her in a few days...i am wondering if maybe she was gravid?? good pics btw

Pestilence

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i think she was like 2" or 2 1/2" now my problem is caring for them. ive heard stories that they cannibalize their young. hope that doesnt happen.. :embarrassed:

Roxs

Arachnopeon
i think she was like 2" or 2 1/2" now my problem is caring for them. ive heard stories that they cannibalize their young. hope that doesnt happen.. :embarrassed:
Grats on the young and I hope it turns out well for you. I dont think any animal or scorp would feed on their young unless the conditions get rough and she'll have to eat to survive. She can allways have new babies if she lives through these (thats in her mind off course).
More pics when the youg gets older? :p yes please

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on your broods... the hottentottas are older than the vittatus though, you can see the slings are I2 in the picture and the vittatus loook freshly born... Good luck with the young.

Ed