B. Vegans Female. Cut on abdomin, small hole in leg...stupid USPS! -.-

Psych0

Arachnopeon
well... I think you shouldn't feed or mate it, but should start prey. :( I'm sorry, but it looks bad.

loyaluntodeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well... I think you shouldn't feed or mate it, but should start prey. :( I'm sorry, but it looks bad.

:( already said a lil prayer for her i hope she makes it! not only is it an exspencive loss, but i realy realy REALY hate loosing T's. and she is awsome i hope she makes it, do T's heal if cut slightly? can they regenerate without a molt? can wounds close?

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As far as I know, No.

If you seal the wound with liquid bandage or whatever, it'll remain like that until a molt. When she molts, if there are no complications with the molt due to her injuries she'll be good as new!

loyaluntodeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
As far as I know, No.

If you seal the wound with liquid bandage or whatever, it'll remain like that until a molt. When she molts, if there are no complications with the molt due to her injuries she'll be good as new!

wow...this is riskay....

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If you can get her to go through a molt, you might be okay. I'd seal it with liquid bandage and give her plenty of hydration over the next couple days. If she's still perky and active after 3 or 4 days, then I'd try feeding. Good luck!

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have seen an injury similar to this where the pedicel was ripped and the abdomen was separating from the cephalothorax. The spider I saw did survive and molted out fine. I’ll try to find that post it looked much worse than this.

I wouldn’t give up hope on her just yet make sure she keeps her movement to a minimum if she does make it to her next molt.

Psych0

Arachnopeon
I have seen an injury similar to this where the pedicel was ripped and the abdomen was separating from the cephalothorax. The spider I saw did survive and molted out fine. I’ll try to find that post it looked much worse than this.

I wouldn’t give up hope on her just yet make sure she keeps her movement to a minimum if she does make it to her next molt.
To be honest I saw one too. On a blondi's butt. The wound was big and it dried in.

I think what you only can do is keep her in an icu and wait till she molts or dies.

Sorry

loyaluntodeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i hope she makes it i will keep everyone updated on her condition thanks for all the replies, concern, and help :)

sparular

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You're probably already doing your "surgery", but the main idea is not necessarily to close the wound as it is to block any fluids from coming out also to block bacteria and fungus from getting in. SO don't worry so much if you can't get the abdomen "back together" perfectly, just close the hole. You can apply a pretty thick coat as long as you don't cover any book lung or joints. When Ts are damaged or stressed they will often have an emergency molt to fix the problem As others have said).
The biggest dangers are
A) losing too much fluid, from the bleeding and evaporation.
That's why you want to keep humidity unusually high and provide water.
B)infection
I wouldn't use neosporin right now b/c your superglue/liquid bandaid may not stick as well and it's probably more important to get her closed up ASAP. Also don't add anything to the ICU that carries significant amounts of bacteria and fungus, like substrate or prey items. Try to keep it as sterile as possible. Wash your hands before surgery.

Also be careful with clear nail polish as many types contain acetone which is often used in kill jars for bug collecting. If you use it, use it a little bit at a time and let the fumes dissipate before putting your T back into the ICU. Superglue and other cyanoacrylates have a strong smell but it doesn't linger as long and I'm unsure of its invert toxicity potential.

Best of luck keep us updated.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Liquid bandage really does well. I keep some in my T room just incase. It seals and stops bleeding with one pass of the swab. I hope she makes it! Its always heartbreaking to have a T come and be hurt or dying even before it every really is yours. Keep us updated!

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ouch...her abdomen looks shrivelled too. Will she drink?

She really has been battered hasn't she...poor girl :( Have you contacted the seller?

How is she now? She's in an ICU yea? Best you can do for her.... Hope she pulls through for you *hugs*

Oh and thanks Steph!

loyaluntodeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ouch...her abdomen looks shrivelled too. Will she drink?

She really has been battered hasn't she...poor girl :( Have you contacted the seller?

How is she now? She's in an ICU yea? Best you can do for her.... Hope she pulls through for you *hugs*

Oh and thanks Steph!
Thanks for reposting the pics i wasnt able to get em up again, she is in a ICU cage with moist towels as the subtrate and a shalow dish for water, i also included a container she can climb into so she can get off the moisture if she wants, its on its side so she cant get too high, so far she's still alive seems to be cleaning herself off and she drank a lil bit i hope she survives! i contacted the seller but have as of yet gotten no responce.