B. Vegans Female. Cut on abdomin, small hole in leg...stupid USPS! -.-

loyaluntodeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just recieved a Mature B vegans female in the male and she is bleeding, she has a small hole on her back right leg i can see red in the hole but its not bleeding her abdomin is bleeding profuseley and the cut is like a lightning bolt on her abdomin right where it connects tot he carapace, there is a small pile of goo right at the base of the injury i will get pics ASAP they will speek much better then i can lol....

also her sexual organs are puffy and white....

any suggestions how do i stop the bleeding and what can i dot o help her? how long should i wait before breeding her? can i give her food or wait on that maybe a prekilled cricket?

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i would contact the seller right away. That really stinks!! i hope she makes it.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i'd get her into an icu. that's a small cage with moist paper towels as substrate and a low easily accessible water dish.

it sounds like she might not make it, to be honest

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You can super glue the wounds. I've heard this works. Also clear nail Polish. I wouldn't feed her yet. Just because she has an open wound, feeding her would add fluid, increase pressure inside her body, and cause more bleeding.

loyaluntodeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
already sent a msg to the seller, i got pics just gota uploda them and transfer to this computer within 5 minutes i should have them up, a lil longer if my brother does it. i hope she makes it i realy realy want to breed my male B. vegans...and this girl is so sweet! she went right onto my hand when i opend the container and i felt the moisture and saw the wound i feel sick :(

loyaluntodeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You can super glue the wounds. I've heard this works. Also clear nail Polish. I wouldn't feed her yet. Just because she has an open wound, feeding her would add fluid, increase pressure inside her body, and cause more bleeding.
i dont have any superglue....would that actualy work? how would i administer it to her? wow i have never had an injury this bad with a T before....this is depressing! thanks for the advice though Dukegarda

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
a pile of goo doesn't sound good at all - sounds like internal structures/organs leaked out. liquid bandage or superglue seem to be your only options now. however be VERY careful not to shut off her booklungs. and then get her into an icu - i doubt she will even eat, i wouldn't offer food until it's clear she'll make it. offer additional water in a very shallow dish however.

loyaluntodeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i'd get her into an icu. that's a small cage with moist paper towels as substrate and a low easily accessible water dish.

it sounds like she might not make it, to be honest

she is in a small cage right now with a thin layer of fairly moist bed a beast (i have no paper towels in the house) and a low water dish

would toilet paper work as a subtrate or should i just leave her on the bed a beast?

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
just read your last post - then try nail polish, and do it asap. it's better than nothing. one person holds the t, another person applies the superglue/nailpolish/liquid bandage, that's the easiest way.

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
she is in a small cage right now with a thin layer of fairly moist bed a beast (i have no paper towels in the house) and a low water dish

would toilet paper work as a subtrate or should i just leave her on the bed a beast?

No dirt and toilet paper (which falls apart when wet) will get in to the wound.

I’m sure you have a hand towel or something like that handy.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
toilet paper is fine if you use several layers. it worked fine for me, but maybe you have different toilet paper in the us?

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
toilet paper is fine if you use several layers. it worked fine for me, but maybe you have different toilet paper in the us?
Haha No I doubt it. If it worked for you then no arguments. It might even help clot the wound.

loyaluntodeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
im using hand towels, should i provide somekinda shelter or just leave it as empty as possible? ICU tank* i will be back in a bit im running to the store to get super glue i'll post pisc when i get back i figure superglue is more important then pics at this point.

loyaluntodeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
also i feel i should mention she is acting as if nothing has happend, the goo isnt a large pile just a little and its staying relatively in the same spot, can i get pointers on applying the stuff? i'll probly get invisible bandage, how does that work?...do i need to stop at the craft store and get lil brushes?

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Liquid bandage is a little Q-tip (the ones I have in My T emergency kit anyway) so it is an applicator no paint brushed needed.

I know you want to get her fixed ASAP but a picture would be most useful as we cant give more advice with out seeing how much of her abdomen is damaged.

loyaluntodeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Liquid bandage is a little Q-tip (the ones I have in My T emergency kit anyway) so it is an applicator no paint brushed needed.

I know you want to get her fixed ASAP but a picture would be most useful as we cant give more advice with out seeing how much of her abdomen is damaged.

lucky i havent left yet then my brother is transfering the pics right now, i should have them up soon

worm's girl

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
when our t had a bad molt the exotic animal doctor told us to apply neosporin with a q-tip...its antibacterial and will protect the wounds

loyaluntodeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the pics are on their way im waiting for them to arrive i unfortunitly cannot hook up the camera to this computer so im forced to wait for my inbox to get the msg....i hate comcast