B vagans

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have had my B vagans (mexican red rump) for about 2 - 3 weeks and as far as I know it hasn’t ate none of the crickets I have put in there since I got him. Can the size of his abdomen be the reason why? he isn’t showing any signs of a molt...unless he stopped eating because he’s going to molt in a month or something I don’t know.... here are pictures...He was bald on this abdomen when I got him..Also I added a picture of a cricket next to the spider...IS this size cricket too big for him? is that way he doesnt eat it..I breed crickets so I have smaller ones...

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Remove all prey......
shes not going to have to eat till she molts. Prey now is just going to annoy her and stress her out.
Make sure she has access to water and be patient and watch her grow.
She most definatly is in premolt.

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow. that's a biggun. yes. how often have you been feeding her?
don't feed her until her abdomen is just a tiny bit bigger than her carapace. wait for about a month.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that's how I got her shipped to me like 3 weeks ago..she hasn't ate anything since I have had her....:?

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Your T is very plump looking. No need to worry about feeding it. My B. vagan goes 2-4 weeks without food before molting. This species likes to burrow. Give it 3-4 inches or more of substrate. Mine likes to burrow underneath the small coconut hide I have in with it. It usually molts down in its burrow.