B. Vagans sling question

SpiderDrath

Arachnopeon
Hi, I recently acquired a B. Vagans 0.25" Sling and I do not see him inside the bottle I have him in when I looked. I read that they burrow even as slings so I was wondering if it is normal to rarely see it out even as a sling?

cold blood

Staff member
You have it in a bottle? Can you post a pic?

They don't need much and definitely will burrow a lot when small....the small vagans I raised have never been very good eaters until about 3/4-1", so don't fret if its appetite seems minimal.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
phh, no wonder you cant see anything! lol, clear vials are the way to go!:) no really, i would never use that simply because a tiny sling would take forever to find in there.

SpiderDrath

Arachnopeon
phh, no wonder you cant see anything! lol, clear vials are the way to go!:) no really, i would never use that simply because a tiny sling would take forever to find in there.
That's really all I have on hand right now though I am just waiting for him to get a little bigger before I move him to maybe a deli cup or something a little bigger

cold blood

Staff member
Ahh, that makes sense...while I am not a fan of vials too much, if using it, it needs a lot more sub. The more you fill it the more intricate the tunnel systems it builds will be. Many people use vials without issue, so next is just my preference.

I'd just go get a condiment cup, like you would put catsup in....poke a few holes around the sides, a couple on top to prevent condensation and fill it halfway with sub....easier to see and deal with IME, plus it can live in that longer.

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
I keep my terrestrial slings in tall clear vials with ample semi moist sub to burrow, poke small holes at the top for vent and they thrive.

Attachments

Last edited: