B. vagans s'ling enclosure

Azza

Arachnopeon
Hey,
I found a small plastic box I was thinking of using while my B. Vagans is a s'ling. The dimensions (LxWxH) are: 9"x3"x5.5"

Is that too big?

Also do you have any general s'ling or B. Vagans tips?

Azza

Azza

Arachnopeon
:wall:

About 1cm (body length i think) but I can ask them to grow it on a bit or I can divide the enclosure.

and I don't have it yet but I tell myself It WILL be mine. :)

Azza

titus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have all my smaller slings are in Cricket boxes up untill their about 3-4cm, and then move them to a med fauna box or glass viv as needed. 9x3x5.5 would be alittle large for a sling that size.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That is a bit big. The only big problem with that is your T might not be able to find the food you offer. I keep smaller Ts in small kritter keepers or other containers of similar size. But she will grow into it thats for sure. If you stay with that container just make sure you drop the food near by her so she has a chance to kill it right away.

Oh and she will burrow to, slings love to dig, so shes more then likely going to dig and you wont see her much. But there is no way to stop that really, once she is bigger the digging stops usually. My adult females are out all the time now. But my juvies and slings are pet holes.

Azza

Arachnopeon
I think i will stick with it and either drop the crix near her or guide the crix with my trusty tweezers.

Thanks for the help,

Azza

Diva Satanica

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have my little B. vagans in a vial and it has made quite the comfy little burrow...:)

Azza

Arachnopeon
I found a nutella (sp.) jar I think i will use that until it is bigenough for the cage I was takling about before.

How big do you recommend the lil' girl is before I put her in?

Azza

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well you just graduate her as she grows. Once she seems cramped in the container your going to put her in transfer her to a bigger one, and so on and so forth till she makes it to the home that is meant to hold her as an adult. When she is at about 3-4 inches you can put her in the home she is meant to be in forever. Thats what I do at least.

ratz00

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have 4 B. vagans slings. I kept them in fill cannisters until they became 2cm. From there I graduated them to a small aquariom I designed, 3x3 square by 4" deep. I fill it up with substrate 2 1/2 inches deep. The lid is made out of 1/4 inch plexiglass which slides shut on top through an aluminum frame. I drill 3-6 holes on the plexiglass so it'll have some kind of air movement inside but still keep humidity as needed. When they burrow they usually pick one corner of the encl;osure so I can still see them. When they molt, I wait until the new skin has regained their natural color then I dig them out again so I can get the exuvium and clean the enclosure of detritus that may have accumulated throught the month. I got my slings february this year and they were 1.5cm then. All four now are 4cm LS and very healthy. will post a pic of my enclosure later so those with the knack for DIY's can do it. Each enclosure would cost a little under 2$ equivalent in my currency.:)