B. vagans question.

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok i'm considering buying a 1-2in vagans with my L. parahybana sling. [because i can combine shipping :p ] aaaaanyway my question is: do they burrow like adult or are they like a lot of other species and just sit around outside?

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
they burrow as slings and spend more time in the open as they get bigger.

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
Mine is always in her burrow . I only catch the occasional above ground glimpse .

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ditto on the burrow-as-slings observations - mine literally disappeared into his burrow when younger, and came out on the sly to catch food - then one day, to my surprise, there he was sitting on the surface of the substrate, never to return to the burrow. Now that he's bigger (about 2-3 inches) he's content to hide in plain sight like a pet rock.

Vespula

Arachnodemon
mine tends to stay out in the open, she does have a burrow where she is occasionally.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
I have 3 x B. vagans, 2 are about 2.5" dls and the other is a 1" sling. Of the bigger 2, one of them has a very elaborate burrow but is often out in the open. The other has never burrowed. The sling has a small burrow that it will run into when the enclosure is opened, however it is often sitting outside of it also.

brian abrams

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
B Vagans

Ditto on them burrowing as slings. As juvi's or adults they never burrow.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
mine is always out in the open. i think she forgets that she had a burrow:D
ditto on this. i have seen mine bulldoze around many times, but since being in my care at barely over 1", i have yet to see mine actually in the burrow it constructed.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My female is always out. She thinks she is a the queen of the world. A queen that is very defensive of her castle mind you. My two slings have burrows though, they are around the 1-1 1/2" mark.