B vagans question

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
My female B vagans just molted again.
Her exuvia measures just over 5". I am guessing that she is approx 6" or so...she looks quite large to me. Any guesses as to whether she is mature?
She is absolutely beautiful!
Holley

VI6SIX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'd have to agree that she's mature I've seen eggsacs come from vagans a hair under5" good luck

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
thanks guys...that's what I was thinking.
I'll be looking for a male for her soon then!

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Holley,

Now if I see any B. vagans at the show tomorrow, I'll be checking them over for spurs! :) With any luck, Alex from Seattle will be there, you might be able to get a male from him since he does so much volume.

Hopefully I'll see you there.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Probably overkill at this point but yes, she is most likely mature.

Cheers,
Dave

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
SHD...thanks!
Galeogirl...good idea, I'll look there as well! See ya tomorrow!

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cool

I wish I could make it to the show. Hope you have fun Holley!

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

hmm, will females lay sacs even if they are not mature? kinda like a 14 yr old having kids...

-V

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Nope. You see, a 14 year old can be sexualy mature, even though she's not mature, mature. It would be like a 7 year-old having babies. Not biologicaly possible.

Cheers,
Dave

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have two b. vagans, and I recently found out that one of them is a male :D So I will be looking for a female for him in a few years, since the female I do have is his sister. Right now, tho, they are just 1.5 inches so he is far from ready to be bred.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Veronyka,

The life-span of your little guy is only a couple years. Expect him to grow quite quickly and to be mature within the year -- long before your female.

Cheers,
Dave

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Only a year? I thought it took a couple years for them to mature, then it would be downhill from there... hes about 4 or 5 months old now

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Veronyka,

Well, it might vary depending on the care conditions. I have recently had several of my males go through their ultimate moults. There is definitely a size dichotomy at this point, and the females are all still well under 3". It is my understanding that they are only about a year old at this point, but I inherited the project from someone else so I don't have actual data.

Cheers,
Dave

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmm.. Ok I will have to keep a close eye on him. Right now he's the same size as his sister, talking total legspan here. He has a smaller body and longer legs tho, and she is fuller and thicker right now. That's how I could tell he's male and she's female.