B.vagan?

XBabysinX

Arachnopeon
So I bought a few tarantulas from someone who doesn't know scientific names or much on tarantulas in general so when I got these few I grabbed I wasn't told what they are however I know what they are...or I think I do...the only one that has me a bit confused is what I think might be a b. vagan. Here's what confuses me though, it has red hair's (satae?) on the legs...I don't mean like a boehmi or a smithi, I mean the tips of the hair on its legs. I'd have to get a real good macro to show exactly what I mean but you can some what see what I mean in this picture even though it's blurry (he/she started to bail once the flash came out). I haven't found one picture that shows this on other vagans nor can I find info on it being a different kind.

Opinions please.

Attachments

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I thought it may be Acanthoscurria sp. red but having doubts. Can you take photo of the front and birds eye? It may be a vagans.

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just a correction, it's Vagans not Vagan.

And it looks like a B.Vagans to me. But maybe other people can chime in and give different opinions.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
The abdomen very much looks Aphonopelma to me, but the carapace looks to be a Brachypelma. Perhaps a hybrid? Especially considering the source.

Those back legs that you circled are the wild card. Not sure what's going on there.

XBabysinX

Arachnopeon

And it looks like a B.Vagans to me. But maybe other people can chime in and give different opinions.
Thank you for the correction, I do appreciate it.
The abdomen very much looks Aphonopelma to me, but the carapace looks to be a Brachypelma. Perhaps a hybrid? Especially considering the source.

Those back legs that you circled are the wild card. Not sure what's going on there.
Well it's good to know I'm not crazy, I was a bit thrown off myself from those legs. Tomorrow I'll take a better look and hopefully get some better pictures.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member

Well, technically it's vagans. Little "v" ;)

Technically correct is the best kind of correct. Pretty sure Futurama said that.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Are the stripes on the knees very visable? I know that sounds daft but are they like mid grey?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I see quite large hairs on the leg. They are large compared to B. vagans.

I think it may be Grammostola agnustum.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
I know it's a bit of a wild guess given the rarity but opinions on Sericopelma rubronitens? It was the first species to come to mind for me at least.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
I see quite large hairs on the leg. They are large compared to B. vagans.

I think it may be Grammostola agnustum.
I would actually highly agree with that, the hairs do match up from my perspective.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
:cigar:
I would like to see what the others and @AphonopelmaTX have to say, though.
I remembered i forgot to include you in another shoutout, so I was like 'don't pass him by this time'! But you were already here....
Raging toddlers can wreck havoc with your memory, sorry!