b. smithi

cobalt

Arachnopeon
I have a smithi, about 2 cm legspan :D My question : is it necessary to make her a hiding place? I have a lividum that I don't see very much (dooh) and I would like to see at least this one. Of course, I don`t want her to be stressed because of this. So, how important is for a baby smithi to have a hiding place?

L.E. my parahybana died, by the way:(

Vespula

Arachnodemon
I have one of close to the same size, and she doesn't have a hide. She has a little burrow that she's never in. So I don't know if she needs one. They're awesome spiders!:D

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Did you handle yours? I`m afraid to handle mine...
There is really no need to handle your tarantula. To each his own, but it does nothing positive for the T and gives it a greater risk of injury, escape, etc.

forrestpengra

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Handling isn't necessary, but if you want to put your hand in front and brush it's abdomen and it should crawl right up on you. Brachys are typically pretty easy to deal with but you do get the odd psycopath.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
all of my slings have constructed their own hides, so giving or taking away is a moot point, imo. heck, my 2" smithi is a pet hole, every time it goes into premoult, there goes my smithi...

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Did you handle yours? I`m afraid to handle mine...
From the first day. I love my little girl, and I wanted her to be calmer around people. So I handled her to get her used to me, and still do on a daily basis. :D