B. Smithi. What instar?

BonnieBeans

Arachnopeon
I'm the proud parent of my first B. Smithi sling! Can you help me out with HER (crosses fingers...please be a her!) instar?

It's my first sling, actually. I've only had sub adults and older so I'm really excited! 20161215_061747.jpg 20161215_061747.jpg 20161213_212724.jpg

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Instar doesn't really matter other than just to keep track of it. Take pics of the whole enclosure if you can, and we'll help you troubleshoot a bit. Make sure the sub is completely dry, save for the water dish.

Congrats!

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Imo at this early stage making a guess is only speculation. It could be 3i it could be 2. You can only really count if you start from ewl. Ie. Hatch yourself or get the slings from a seller you know or is aware of what instar his or her slings are. But as @BobBarley said it really is irrelevant. Nice sling though heres hoping its a she.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Imo at this early stage making a guess is only speculation. It could be 3i it could be 2. You can only really count if you start from ewl. Ie. Hatch yourself or get the slings from a seller you know or is aware of what instar his or her slings are. But as @BobBarley said it really is irrelevant. Nice sling though heres hoping its a she.
Agreed...

Little off topic, but what's with the signature?

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Agreed...

Little off topic, but what's with the signature?
Lol. I had to go into great depth explaning the geographical location of TRINIDAD to a very missinformed hobbyist recently. They were convinced that the P. cambridgei was an old world because it didnt "kick hair when it got mad" i then explained that trinidad was in the new world, and her mistaken id is a common misconception based on charector traits of the T and not where it is actually from. This hobbyist was very hard headed. Apparently breeders they know told them p cambridgei was old world. I explained what the differences between the new and old world are. No dice. So i made this sig :troll:
@BobBarley

cold blood

Staff member
Lol. I had to go into great depth explaning the geographical location of TRINIDAD to a very missinformed hobbyist recently. They were convinced that the P. cambridgei was an old world because it didnt "kick hair when it got mad" i then explained that trinidad was in the new world, and her mistaken id is a common misconception based on charector traits of the T and not where it is actually from. This hobbyist was very hard headed. Apparently breeders they know told them p cambridgei was old world. I explained what the differences between the new and old world are. No dice. So i made this sig :troll:
@BobBarley
I have read that when they were first discovered, it was assumed that they were mislabeled and from the old world...but that was sorted out a long time ago. Hilarious that a breeder would tell her that...it just goes to show that to be a breeder, it just takes 2 mature spiders.